Author Topic: Nationless Mercenary group?  (Read 7854 times)

Barrettblatter

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Nationless Mercenary group?
« Topic Start: December 24, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »
Is it possible to create a guild or something that has no allegiance to any one nation and do mercenary work for random nations? I'd love to create a band of mercenaries who do work for the highest bidder.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: Nationless Mercenary group?
« Reply #1: December 24, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »
It is pretty much impossible, cause of diplomacy and relations.
There was complete realm devoted for mercenary life.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: December 24, 2015, 08:15:37 AM »
Is it possible to create a guild or something that has no allegiance to any one nation and do mercenary work for random nations? I'd love to create a band of mercenaries who do work for the highest bidder.

You can by making your guild members join the highest bidder.

Barrettblatter

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 24, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
So you always have to have allegiance to a nation, but you could effectively just swap around to whoever you currently work for?

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: December 24, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »
So you always have to have allegiance to a nation, but you could effectively just swap around to whoever you currently work for?

Yes.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 24, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
The games is designed so nobles always have allegiance to a realm. If you go rogue, you are always at great risk of being executed or deported, since any judge can execute any rogue in their prison. You will always fight any troops in the region, and risk being arrested every turn if you have no troops yourself. Also, fighting and choosing sides in battle is controlled by realm diplomacy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 25, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
The games is designed so nobles always have allegiance to a realm. If you go rogue, you are always at great risk of being executed or deported, since any judge can execute any rogue in their prison. You will always fight any troops in the region, and risk being arrested every turn if you have no troops yourself. Also, fighting and choosing sides in battle is controlled by realm diplomacy.

Don't forget the lack of options to replenish your troops after battle with no capital to recruit from.

But you can indeed create a mercenary realm, or even a group which moves from nation to nation. I've thought of the last option for quite a bit actually tbh, but never got around to trying it.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 29, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »
I feel like a map with a nice central area, such as where D'Hara is located in Dwilight, would be a great position for a small realm that offers mercenary services. It would probably need a more or less continent wide agreement like the Assassins realm in the colonies has. It would be cool to see.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 30, 2015, 04:50:27 AM »
You know, the center of western Dwilight would be great for that as well.

Just reclaim it from monsters and do it. :) Hell, players from different realms can leave their lands and head west as one, doesn't just have to be migrants alone.

"Rumor has spread of a colossal endeavor: the birthing pangs of a mercenary realm, yearning for something new with which to change the scope of continental politics, dreaming of a western realm. Peasants, adventurers, and even nobles - of various realms across the world - have begun preparations for a grand exodus of incredible proportions. All of them thirsting for the exciting life of a blade-for-hire!"
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 19, 2016, 10:34:47 AM »
except that they would be too far from any realm that has actual wars to be a mercenary realm, and surrounded by monsters.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 28, 2016, 09:26:30 AM »
I might go for this, since it looks like there is no room for Darka at Dwi, i might try to gather some nobles and we start to sell our self.

Since noble count is these days the main problem, nobles for hire might be good way to boost your war ability. But let see if i get some nobles intrested about this and guild things sorted... and then i need just customers :)

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~