Community > General Talk

What's your politics. also, religion?

(1/3) > >>

Nellamkuyzhil:
I'm curious. I know of one guy in BM who I suspect is a Nazi.  So any lefties here??

BTW, I'm a communist-anarchist from Delhi, India. Born Roman Catholic but practising athiest (I like kids but not in that way).

Ehndras:
My views are a bit too complex to really fall into any particular category, but by-and-large, I'd be considered an anarchist by most.

I was born into a mixed Christian/Catholic family, but chose to be a pagan-inspired Pantheist myself.

I somewhat accidentally created a cult a few years ago, whose high priest is an Autistic-savant genius programmer from London. :) Somewhat accidentally being that I never intended others to take it seriously, and only sought to explain to someone what my personal beliefs are - a mixture of facets picked from every existing faith whose mythology and beliefs I've gained access to, added to literary concepts, ancient and modern philosophy, all rolled up into what I call "Vox Stellarum," a (quasi-, and I say this because some folks just don't like mixing science and faith)-scientific approach to spirituality. Insert Scientology joke here.

Its pretty much looking at the sciences from a pantheistic approach. Everything is divine in and of its own right, simply by virtue of existence, life is the manifestation of "God," and thus we ARE God, so on and so forth. With my own unique little deviation, of course: a concept I've held all my life, now rooted in scientific studies of quantum physics and the like, that there may be an underlying "code" behind all of existence. Thermodynamics, gravity, speed of light, and such, as mere facets of a grand mathematical mechanism spanning all creation, destruction, the nature of the void of space, our potential origins pre-Bang, our eventual spread unto the very stars, and merely hypothetically, beyond the manifold of space and thus time, as we all know Time isn't really a "thing," but a perspective bias.

Nellamkuyzhil:

Might be. But unless it helps us reach the basic point of human liberation in the physical, economical sphere, spirituality and study into our 'purpose' etc seems merely a kind of vain exercise to me. This is of course just my opinion.

Iv heard there are a lot of really active anarchists who are spiritual/religious (and I'm told pagans are the most dedicated). And iv always wanted to ask - how do you reconcile being a politically concerned human being and a pursuer of spirituality when the present world has so much inequality to be dealt with first before humans can even think of teaching their potential?

Vita`:
Because ultimately, controlling the world is a fool's errand. We can only control our reaction to the world. That doesn't mean do nothing. But it does mean to recognize that you cannot fix everything wrong in the world yourself. It means to make what you do do, count. And when your efforts fall flat, recognize that you have still done what you can do. Because ultimately, it is about each of us as progressing as individuals than as a group; the ultimate help to another is in helping another progress beyond their mental confines.

GundamMerc:
Atheist here that feels the advancement of the species takes precedent over individualism, and feels that the focus on individual liberties has led to a diffusing of our energies to the point where our technological development is heavily curtailed. The reason it hasn't stalled is because the development of the internet allowed individuals to work as a collective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version