Author Topic: Kingdom of Alara  (Read 34583 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Alara
« Reply #75: March 02, 2016, 03:18:26 PM »
Well, Xavax has 23 nobles and 9 regions including 2 cities.
Alara has 8 nobles and 4 regions, including 1 city.

So I doubt this will be a close war. Unless, of course, other realms join in  ;D

Alara did everything in its power to make people willing to look the other way though, so we'll see.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: March 02, 2016, 04:01:09 PM »
Judging by past experience, in sure that lots of people will be willing to help ...  Xavax. :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: March 02, 2016, 05:32:59 PM »
Well, Xavax has 23 nobles and 9 regions including 2 cities.
Alara has 8 nobles and 4 regions, including 1 city.

So I doubt this will be a close war. Unless, of course, other realms join in  ;D

Of course other realms will join in, duh! But still, even in an unfair war I'm curious what Xavax will bring.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: March 02, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
Well when the "poor little realm" that's being attacked has been shown to constantly plot against you with either assassins or pushing their neighbor into a civil war by whispering paranoia inducing words into the ex-Xerarch's ear, I've kind of lost sympathy.

Of course, Sayuki was run out by the ruler who claimed Sayuki was a "spai" and lied so that the realm also turned against him, all because Sayuki dissented against his diplomatic exchanges. Then got mad when, surprise surprise, banning the general who was lord of Itor Boss led to the loss of Itor Boss as Sayuki changed allegiance to Xavax. So he sent an assassin, who failed miserably. When that didn't work, he turned the ex-Xerarch of Xavax against the newcomer despite my noble sharing all the correspondence that led up to him changing allegiance.

So yeah, not feeling any real guilt for going to war with them. If they have a worthy cause, Caligus and Minas Nova (whose rebellion was supported by Alara) will join against Xavax. We'll see though.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: March 03, 2016, 09:26:19 AM »
Well when the "poor little realm" that's being attacked has been shown to constantly plot against you with either assassins or pushing their neighbor into a civil war by whispering paranoia inducing words into the ex-Xerarch's ear, I've kind of lost sympathy.

Of course, Sayuki was run out by the ruler who claimed Sayuki was a "spai" and lied so that the realm also turned against him, all because Sayuki dissented against his diplomatic exchanges. Then got mad when, surprise surprise, banning the general who was lord of Itor Boss led to the loss of Itor Boss as Sayuki changed allegiance to Xavax. So he sent an assassin, who failed miserably. When that didn't work, he turned the ex-Xerarch of Xavax against the newcomer despite my noble sharing all the correspondence that led up to him changing allegiance.

So yeah, not feeling any real guilt for going to war with them. If they have a worthy cause, Caligus and Minas Nova (whose rebellion was supported by Alara) will join against Xavax. We'll see though.

Well it was about time for war in the south anyway, I guess.

Fun times for all those realm who did not have a war yet!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: March 03, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »
GundamMerc, what truly happened usually doesn't matter. Who's to gain, that's the more important question. If Caligus smells blood and then Minas Nova will join also, they'll both join. Sure, Fallangard will prob join also, making it Minas Nova/Alara vs Xavax and Caligus vs Fallangard, but that's allright of course...at least for Caligus prob. They are to gain, so they will care little for whatever 'truth' you tell.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: March 03, 2016, 12:20:33 PM »
GundamMerc, what truly happened usually doesn't matter. Who's to gain, that's the more important question. If Caligus smells blood and then Minas Nova will join also, they'll both join. Sure, Fallangard will prob join also, making it Minas Nova/Alara vs Xavax and Caligus vs Fallangard, but that's allright of course...at least for Caligus prob. They are to gain, so they will care little for whatever 'truth' you tell.

I wasn't talking regarding whether what truly happened matters IC, I'm explaining things for those who are like "oh poor Alara, it's an unfair war" OOC.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: April 05, 2016, 03:08:52 AM »
So, the Minas-Alaran Alliance is interesting...and surprising.

Not really worrying, but surprising.

Hey, don't say Magnus didn't warn you. :P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: April 05, 2016, 05:43:30 AM »

Warned us about what? We're not having any issues that needed warning about, and this, while surprising, wasn't completely unforeseen.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: April 05, 2016, 07:10:20 AM »
That is Minas didn't join against Alara, they'd band together.

I've had issues with Minas' leader since Might & Fealty. He got bored and decided to attack my holdings, loot my land, ignore all of my and his sovereign Prince's orders and requests, and then bailed.

I expected no less from him in BM.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: April 05, 2016, 04:53:48 PM »

this made me lol, well more like a scoff really
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: April 06, 2016, 04:04:47 AM »
Don't start, Dodger. As far as I'm concerned, you don't exist.

Your snide remarks are wind between weathered rocks.

If you actually cared to read anything I said in the diplomatic forum and inquisition, you'd have noticed my warnings about either assimilating, curbing or crushing Minas before they become an inevitable problem.

You may also recall my very angry declaration of distrust toward Minas as soon as I became Xerarch. Perhaps you weren't even IN Xavax yet, when they told me to put aside my suspicions and issues and forgive - which I listened to and did.

Either way, Saradomin remains a prick I refuse to trust.

I guess his vow to declare war on Alara - which his parliament supposedly voted for - was another lie, eh? So much for "his word."

Just sayin'.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: April 06, 2016, 05:50:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure he's just saying that everyone saw it coming. It's like predicting that water will be wet.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: April 07, 2016, 02:34:08 AM »
no, what im saying is that he hid his head under a rock and refused to believe that alara was plotting against xavax with anyone, saying he was best friends with robb starfall while my char presented multiple clear proofs that robb/alara were indeed plotting against xavax, threatened to ban my char for saying so, called him a traitor etc., now months later it's "i always saw it coming!"

that is very typical of this guy which is what makes me lolscoff, like most of the things he says.

and yes, i remember the things you were saying ehndras, there was a whole lot of stuff about phoenixes and children and none of what you claim now months later.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:37:00 AM by JDodger »
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: April 07, 2016, 05:30:41 AM »
How else do expect Magnus to be roleplayed? He was played as he was formed. He changed as he was stimulated to do so. He reacted to situations.

You were not in the know, due to your inability to work with me in a reasonable manner. Multiple Xavax were told of my true feelings and intent. Whenever I tried to open up to you, your character started a fight.

I tried taking it OOC so you'd understand my reasoning your character had clearly failed to understand, only to realize that you - as a player - also misunderstood my intent.

I said right off the bat, to multiple individuals, including Starfall, Selenia, Perfect, and a few others, what my true feelings and ideas were.

I for one enjoy the chaotic story we weaved as co-workers and rivals.

Despite the misunderstandings, I sincerely thank you for enrichening my gaming experience. :)

I'm sorry I was too stressed out in RL to realize how important our conflict truly was, and how it added - not took - from my time here.

You gave me reason and stimulus to evolve Magnus time and again.

Frankly I'd be disappointed if you stopped challenging me.

Thank you for being you. :)

Cheers!