Author Topic: Kingdom of Alara  (Read 34431 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Kingdom of Alara
« Reply #45: January 20, 2016, 07:15:43 PM »
I think theocracies of SA matched CE in strength and influence.

If you could have 2 char on dwi, they would have had stretched even farther south.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: January 20, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
I think theocracies of SA matched CE in strength and influence.

If you could have 2 char on dwi, they would have had stretched even farther south.

I said "will reach" as in, in the future. I doubt anyone would now ever reach those levels again (fortunately).
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: January 20, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »
That is my dream for Xavax. I doubt it'll come to be, unless fortune is on our side, but a dream is always worth having.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: January 20, 2016, 10:58:42 PM »
If your dream is to leave a legacy of a third dull and enjoyment strangling example of how to bore a server then by all means bend your hopes in their footsteps.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: January 21, 2016, 01:00:50 AM »
If your dream is to leave a legacy of a third dull and enjoyment strangling example of how to bore a server then by all means bend your hopes in their footsteps.

Exactly, CE is basically the main cause of Atamara's sinking. Don't follow their example.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: January 21, 2016, 01:25:34 AM »
Yeah building a strong, imperialistic realm is fine, just keep in mind that you want to leave openings for wars and keep creating them because stagnation is BAD in this game for player fun and retention.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: January 21, 2016, 04:05:55 AM »
you also may want to have less ideas and more implementation.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: January 21, 2016, 04:16:38 AM »
Can we talk about Alara? Oh and can Alara not declare a war for 2 days?

Zakilevo

« Reply #53: January 21, 2016, 04:22:03 AM »
Well.. I must say it was my dream at one point as well. I only realized how horrible my dream was *when* Sirion expanded to Oligarch.

I think there are many players who want to build an empire only to realize later that they've been playing the game wrong ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:12:21 PM by Lapallanch »

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: January 21, 2016, 05:39:15 AM »
the xavax talk should be split off to its own thread, we definitely hijacked this one.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: January 21, 2016, 11:33:54 AM »
Well.. I must say it was my dream at one point as well. I only realized how horrible my dream was Sirion expanded to Oligarch.

I think there are many players who want to build an empire only to realize later that they've been playing the game wrong ;)

Fixed it!

And yeah, I've tried it before as well, but always seemed to fail (was attempting to build a theocracy empire with Sartania for instance). Tbh I wouldn't try it in that way, although I do have some other ideas for 'world domination' type of play that allows for a lot of fun and will ultimately lead to my own destruction no doubt :)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: January 21, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
Yeah, true. Major hijack. Sorry!

So, Alaran brothers, how fareth the world thru your eyes?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Zakilevo

« Reply #57: January 21, 2016, 02:13:54 PM »
I think there were threads about allowing duchies to war each other. That got shot down though.

If you really want it, I think you can form an empire out of multiple realms - can hold them together by using a guild - and think of each realm as a very large duchy. There you go you have your duchy wars now \o/

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: January 21, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »
That's more-or-less what I plan for Xavax. I don't intend for a stagnant super-power like Cagil was. Those who know me are aware that I enjoy building super-powers then shattering them into divergent factions once we've had our fun. Chaos is a built-in requirement in anything I do. What comes up must come down in a blaze of glory!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: January 21, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
Keeping things "dynamic" without devolving into randomness or silly is very difficult. Wars need to have a reason, and that reason can't just be "we needed a war, so let's fight". If you just declare random wars for no reason, or obviously fake reasons, people will get angry, and you'll just end up getting wiped out by your neighbors. You need to find a way to declare meaningful, limited wars. It's HARD to do.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.