Author Topic: Unit autopayment every 9 days as default please?  (Read 2034 times)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
Unit autopayment every 9 days as default please?
« Topic Start: December 27, 2015, 01:32:53 PM »
This happen s every time I start a new character and occasionally when I have a brand new unit, I forget to set the autopayment on and my men desert me because I missed the last couple of warnings (I tend to gloss over your men have been paid messages as I've seen them a billion times by now). I realize this is of course partially my fault, but I feel like it would help new players a lot too if by default autopayment was on to the max of 9 days.

I have no idea how simple of a change this is though of course, if it isn't quickly done then its probably low on your priority list and I understand.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Unit autopayment every 9 days as default please?
« Reply #1: December 27, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »
It should just default to three or four days.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 27, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »
While I agree the autopayment function is a useful option to use (~3 days here as well), I do not believe it should be defaulted from the start.

People could use it, or not. As you said, there are plenty of reminders saying you should pay your men. If you don't read them, then that is actually entirely your fault.

But that's just my opinion.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 27, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
I wouldn't be opposed to the default being the max # of days.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 28, 2015, 03:47:00 AM »
Does anyone *not* use autopay? Does anyone see any valid reason that anyone, especially a new player, would NOT want to use autopay? Of course not. So set it, to something sensible, by default. Five days, max. And then if an experienced player wants to turn it off for some personal reason, let them.

Don't unnecessarily give players, especially newer players, a bad game experience when the fix for it is dirt simple, and costs us nothing. There is no reason to NOT do it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.