Author Topic: RESOLVED: Emigrated an adv. to bring another into EC  (Read 5548 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
So I moved Arhlix to Colonies so I can bring my oldest advie, Johaan Thorbrandr, to EC, as he found the "Ducal Band of Atamara," a relic that made him want to join the Atamaran refugees in EC and aid them in their reconquest of destiny.

I was perfectly fine with an advie and noble there, and now the game says I can't emigrate my advie to EC.

What the hell? I even waited as the damn ticker said "You will arrive next turn" for far more than ONE turn, only to be denied?

What gives?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:22:48 AM by Ehndras »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
What's the specific error message you get?

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Never got an error, actually. It just lagged on the immigration, and now it says

"East Continent - You already have the maximum allowed nobles there."

...Which is quite obviously no longer true, as my advie is already in a new realm in the Colonies.

Perhaps its remnant code not catching up? Something making the game believe a relic of Arhlix stayed behind, thus "Occupying" the adventurer slot until it is somehow wiped?

Or am I just an idiot and some new rule or mechanic means I just screwed myself out of having an adventurer in EC?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
A cleanup script just ran. Did that, by chance, change anything?

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Nope :(

East Continent - You already have the maximum allowed nobles there.

I have a single noble, and my advie Arhlix is now killing undead in the Colonies. :)

Still not letting me emigrate. :|

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Oh. *Facepalm* Does the emigrate page mention your advy becoming a noble/Warrior? You must have 3 recommendations, 10 honour, 5 prestige, or whatever the ennoblement requirements are. It defaults to ennobling advies in emigration if they qualify. Once the special emigration situation is over, that will be the only way to move advies between continents anyway.

In the meantime...if you really want the advy to stay as an advy before emigrating, I'll make him 'lose' some recommendations for you, just let me know.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Yeah, just kill the recomendations if you can. :) I don't intend him to be a noble, not yet anyway, I just like him and he's the more interesting and experienced of my advices. Hell, he has more honor and prestige than all my nobles. :P

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hah. When I went to go fix it, I realized you only had two recommendations. Found the actual issue and sent the fix live so go give it a try.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Heh, nice! So, if you don't mind me asking, what was the issue? Technical coding speech doesn't bother me so don't be afraid to confound. :)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
WOOOO- wait.

Damn!

"You already have the maximum allowed number of characters in East Continent"

So East Continent shows up now. But it says I'm not allowed to have another character there now. Bah! I sold my Ducal Ring of Atamara for nothing. :(

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Okay. Should work *now*.

Nothing complicated. First, it was assuming nobles for emigration, so added a check for advies in continent choice. The second issue was just adding the same check to the method that handled character movement.

If coding speech don't bother you, are you able to code? Would you like to volunteer? Talk to Anaris if you do. Don't necessarily need to be any huge commitment, but having more people able to contribute fixes is good.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
I don't know enough to do so, or I would. I only dabble here and there - most of my knowledge comes from being close friends with numerous professional programmers, plus my father was a software engineer back in the 90s. Once I'm back on my feet financially after losing my job, I plan to dedicate time to re-learning what I've forgotten over the years, and learning some new tricks. :) At that point, I'd be happy to help.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Well done! *claps!*

You are now on board a ship to East Continent. It will take you a few turns to reach it. Once you arrive there, you will have an opportunity to choose the realm you want to join.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
HEH!

The irony! I landed in Eponllyn and, due to game mechanics, am a "citizen" of Epon. I was just put in jail as soon as I crossed into Vix Tiramora, heading south to Xavax.

Just my god damn luck that my best and oldest character would get thrown in jail for no reason.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Not no reason. You left the borders of your realm, you traitor! ;) What, you think commoners have the right to change realms? :o Such uppity commoners should be executed on sight! :P