Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132959 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #105: February 11, 2016, 11:12:18 PM »
In fairness to Ehndras,

I didn't read the full post very thoroughly, and don't know anything about the specific details. But there has for a long time been a sort of lazy player that has really ruined the sort of efforts he is discussing through pure laziness and lack of roleplaying.

You will work hard to build up a complicated roleplay and involve as much of the realm or island as you can, and then some silent (usually second, so thankfully that's not as much an issue anymore) character comes along and, without a word or attempt to explain what they are doing, *CLICK* some button they have access to and !@#$ the whole thing over. These are often characters who haven't sent a single post in the recorded 30 days.

This is NOT coming in with a different set of RP circumstances that hose yours - that's perfectly fair, and something you just have to integrate or put up with. But the use of buttons in lieu of RP, especially coupled with the non-reaction of anyone else in the realm, is a problem.

The part of this that bothers me the most is, no one else in the realm can ever be bothered to take notice or do/say anything, regardless of which side they may be on. I used to put a tremendous amount of time into not only RPing, but opening up 10 different tabs to look on details and make sure things all tied together logically, build things up for weeks sometimes, and then - pffft. Someone clicks a button without even the courtesy of a small RP about why. The last time this happened I just stopped writing RPs, and really haven't gone back to it again full-throttle ever since.

The only thing that we can really *do* to battle this is for ourselves - obviously some of the leaders of the game - to pay more attention to this and tap people on the shoulder with a "uhm, wtf?" when you see it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:29:09 PM by Noone you know »