Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132616 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #315: May 20, 2016, 10:46:42 AM »
Yes, it may be 28 vs. 19 (Fallangard is functionally involved in name only), but we have outside influences keeping us from just sweeping Perleone, crushing Semall, and burning the Black City. You really think Itorunt is maintaining 10k CS militia, a raiding party, AND staving off starvation, with only the city, without outside aid of some sort? If it were simply 3 vs. 1 it'd be over already. :p

Yeah now try Oligarch's situation, 58 vs 16, but you don't hear us complaining ooc. IC for sure, but OOC I know that with the way I've played Garas we could have seen this coming. Xavax is exactly the same story, although your odds are still far better. I mean once we started beating Sirion 1 vs 1 I should've known better to expect others to jump in and because Garas had been an ass to Perdan/Vix before (not letting them join the internal conflict) there was only one option :-)

In addition, keeping 10k militia and a small raiding party is easily maintained with one city. Don't forget that once you're down to 1 city your taxes can go up like crazy. We could keep up 40k forces in Oligarch city while still making some tax income next to it.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela