Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132782 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #390: June 28, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »
Well, that's simply not true. Xavaxian judge openly warned Perdanese that he will torture them mercilessly if any are captured. When I mentioned that was dishonorable conduct he came back with something like "lel, you pussies" which pretty much ended my willingness to RP with that family.

I'm the judge of Xavax. Hi.

As issued to the Perdanese criminals in urbs Xavacis.

Letter from Godric Tórrarin
Message sent to everyone in the region Xavax (19 recipients)
Perdanese,

You are are charged with subversion of the Xerarch, inciting treason, and supporting treason. You are also charged with dishonourable conduct in violation of the Codex Legibus Xavacis in regards to your association with the rapists and murderers of Itorunt and Semall. For all charges you are found guilty facing penalty of blinding and permanent expulsion from Greater Xavax. This is binding arbitration and cannot be appealed. Resistance to expulsion will be met with deadly force with no chance for claims of wergelds or otherwise.

The role of the Arbiter is to issue judgements in the name of the Xerarch. The role is also fundamental in promoting the good graces of nobility and dignity amongst the gentry and patricii. It is not often I issue comments alongside my arbitration.

Perdanese, ask yourselves, why am I here? Why have I traveled the continent to fight in a foreign land? The Imperium is only concerned with Greater Xavax. The rapists and murderers of the west insulted and conspired against us. Accordingly, the Imperium defended Greater Xavax as per its mandate. Perdanese, are you the friends and allies of rapists and murderers? The assorted filth who claim to rule out of Itorunt and the squalid hill nobility and dirt farmers of Semall? Five armies clamor to attack the Imperium, who by its laws and ways of life, are only concerned with its internal politics and lands. What is accomplished here? The rapists and murderers of Itorunt will not have their thirst quenched after our light is extinguished. The dirt farmers of Semall will not be content with their new holdings, having tasted civility and grace. Next they will come for you.

Hail,
Godric Warbornsson Tórrarin
Arbiter of Greater Xavax

This is what I sent. I issue threats and warnings to enemy combatants to scare them, dissuade them, make them more pliable when I "negotiate". Because you fully believe I will follow through on my threats. Never mind the Xerarch outlawed torture on any enemy combatants but infiltrators. Mission accomplished there. For everyone wondering, this was the exchange.

Letter from Caspian Flambard   (6 days, 1 hour ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Xavax (19 recipients)
Lord Arbiter,
It is hard to take seriously a judgement one can not enforce. But your malign character have been noted. It is ironic how you keep vilifying your foe's soldiers for raping some peasants but have apparently no qualms personally threatening torture and maiming upon the foreign nobility.
Caspian Flambard
Knight of Perdan

A nobody questions my willingness to follow through. I respond with i don't care if it hurts your feelings. IC, you are criminals and criminals are tortured and maimed in Xavax.

Letter from Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb   (6 days, 1 hour ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Xavax (18 recipients)
Sir Flambard, Knight of Perdan,

In one sentence you seem to belittle me, the next reveals your heart. You have committed crimes against the Imperium and if apprehended will face the penalties. Does that not make sense? You are not marching here over a dispute between our sovereigns, you come to commit crimes. Of course you will face torture and maiming if the arbitration judges such. Your grasp of logic cannot be so absurd as to not realize this is just. And if your heart bleeds and your lip trembles then you are no warrior of worth and your Saga will fade away.

The rebel leader Starfall was offered arbitration to his quarrel that settled both his concerns and his destruction of our property. In the face of justice and nobility he spat and refused to duel the Xerarch.

Hail,
Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb
Arbiter of Greater Xavax

But this upsets you further.

Letter from Caspian Flambard   (6 days ago)
Lord Arbiter,
I am sorry if my words wounded you, it was not my intention. But I only stated the truth and my logic is perfect.
If you are willing to stoop to torturing noblemen, you are much viler than those you call rapists who only inflicted harm upon peasants.
Caspian Flambard
Knight of Perdan

And I treat the nobody foreign invader from a superpower crying that we are not being fair as is deserved. With derision and contempt.

Letter from Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb   (6 days ago)
Sir Flambard,

Then the Lions of Perdan have thrown a cub to me, mewling his distaste at the realities of war and battle. Perhaps you'd prefer a bowl of warm milk?

You waste my time.

Hail,
Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb
Arbiter of Greater Xavax

To paraphrase your next words, "no u"

Letter from Caspian Flambard   (6 days ago)
Ser Torxanib,
I am saddened to see you decided to add dishonourable conduct to hypocricy.
I will not waste your time further.
Caspian Flambard
Knight of Perdan