Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132900 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #75: February 06, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »
Yeah, no. Several of the loyalists you claim joined before Duchess Selenia joined aftewards. And honestly that was a pretty bull!@#$ move with the duel. But yeah, congrats on supporting an idiot who praises the old ruler of CE, the same one that helped sink that continent and refused to fight Tara after they declared war on CE. Especially after the !@#$ing unnecessary OOC stuff the ruler keeps bleeding into IC. Frankly I'm appalled that you all even still support him.

Yeah, no. You obviously haven't been paying attention. I was the sixth loyalist (Aramon Abjur). Before me was Magnus, Odwella, Reyjkovik III, Ruslan, and Uthred.

Loyalist gain support   (1 day ago)
message to all nobles of Greater Xavax
Lionel Kinsey has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Loyalist gain support   (17 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Ragmar Lankmere has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Rebellion expands   (16 hours, 50 minutes ago)
John Graves has joined the rebellion.

Loyalist gain support   (15 hours, 39 minutes ago)
Julian Sarwell has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Loyalist gain support   (14 hours, 31 minutes ago)
Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Duel   (14 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Reyjkovik III Draekarne, Knight of Xavax meets his challenger Kellan Dodger, Strategos of Greater Xavax, Knight of Xavax for the agreed duel till death.
Both participants are using the 'overrun' strategy, so that neither has an advantage.
The duel runs its course, until Reyjkovik III delivers a fatal blow. The healers carry Kellan away, seriously wounded but still breathing.Since there was a bounty out on him, Reyjkovik III gladly collects.

Battle happens   (14 hours, 18 minutes ago)

Speech by Duchess Selenia  (14 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Loyalist gain support   (14 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Selenia JeVondair has declared her support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Loyalist gain support   (14 hours ago)
Hallvar Schancke has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Loyalist gain support   (14 hours ago)
Sayuki Kuriga has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Sabotage!   (12 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Guards in Xavax have arrested John Graves, apparently an infiltrator from Greater Xavax, while he tried breaking into the tax offices.

Loyalist gain support   (12 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Eoin Gabhann has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

New Strategos   (11 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Your ruler, Magnus, has appointed Sir Lionel Kinsey, Knight of Tota as Strategos of the realm.

Loyalist gain support   (7 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Beck Mozzoni has declared her support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Loyalist gain support   (3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Elcalyn Alwyn has declared his support for the current government and joined the loyalists.

Dodger offered the duel, Reyjkovik accepted.

Letter from Kellan Dodger   (1 day, 1 hour ago)
The duel challenge has already been issued. I see you have not yet replied.
Kellan Dodger
Strategos of Greater Xavax
Knight of Xavax

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: February 06, 2016, 04:48:07 PM »
yeah too bad for xavax. totally screwed realm. none of the loyalists even supported magnus really, they were all like "well i really dont like magnus but... status quo!"

so punk selenia joined the loyalists huh... what a punk move.

i told both dukes both ooc and ic that if they wanted, we could rebel, and if either of them told me no i would just move to a different realm. both dukes gave their approval and promised support for a rebellion. after the rebellion started jevondair pulled some compromise crap and now i guess has sided with the loyalists. if selenia had done what she and her player said she would the rebellion would have won quickly and not turned into the dragged out crapfest it became. dont ever trust that family.

why was the duel a bs move?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:55:55 PM by JDodger »
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Zakilevo

« Reply #77: February 06, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »
yeah too bad for xavax. totally screwed realm. none of the loyalists even supported magnus really, they were all like "well i really dont like magnus but... status quo!"

i told both dukes both ooc and ic that if they wanted, we could rebel, and if either of them told me no i would just move to a different realm. both dukes gave their approval and promised support for a rebellion. after the rebellion started jevondair pulled some compromise crap and now i guess has sided with the loyalists. if selenia had done what she and her player said she would the rebellion would have won quickly and not turned into the dragged out crapfest it became. dont ever trust that family.

Convince your duke, create Isadril Imperium!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: February 06, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »
Convince your duke, create Isadril Imperium!

MOAR REALMS!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: February 06, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: February 06, 2016, 11:52:24 PM »
Yeah, no. Several of the loyalists you claim joined before Duchess Selenia joined aftewards. And honestly that was a pretty bull!@#$ move with the duel. But yeah, congrats on supporting an idiot who praises the old ruler of CE, the same one that helped sink that continent and refused to fight Tara after they declared war on CE. Especially after the !@#$ing unnecessary OOC stuff the ruler keeps bleeding into IC. Frankly I'm appalled that you all even still support him.
Maybe they're doing it out of spite :p

Odwella did/does, actually. Though I will admit his amount of messages is a bit tiresome at times.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:53:56 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: February 06, 2016, 11:56:43 PM »
*Makes popcorn and watches*  8)
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: February 07, 2016, 12:55:59 AM »

To be fair to Selenia, s/he's roleplaying the character. She was getting letters from the start of the rebellion from both sides, and since her ultimate goal was getting Magnus to step down, once he agreed there was no reason for her to join the rebellion. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I don't get the BS comment either, maybe because without Dodger the rebellion lost a lot of it's fire.

Maybe they're doing it out of spite :p
Odwella did/does, actually. Though I will admit his amount of messages is a bit tiresome at times.

Likewise in Aramon's case, he didn't mind Magnus but found the rebels annoying, like whiny little brats.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: February 07, 2016, 04:40:35 AM »
To be fair to Selenia, s/he's roleplaying the character. She was getting letters from the start of the rebellion from both sides, and since her ultimate goal was getting Magnus to step down, once he agreed there was no reason for her to join the rebellion. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I don't get the BS comment either, maybe because without Dodger the rebellion lost a lot of it's fire.

Likewise in Aramon's case, he didn't mind Magnus but found the rebels annoying, like whiny little brats.

I find the loyalists to be snobs with their heads up their asses, so the annoyance is mutual.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: February 07, 2016, 11:03:01 AM »
*Makes popcorn and watches*  8)

*Joins Wimpie, stuff's firing up now*

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #85: February 08, 2016, 05:08:36 AM »
There was just a bit of roleplay involved, yes. Selenia was always very careful never to explicitly support outright rebellion. I know this because I went back and checked. Why? Besides the obvious reasons being that she'd be risking her good name, lands, titles, and relationships; that the any battle would rip up her city; that she was visiting on a diplomatic mission to Caligus at the time; That any rebellion would weaken Xavax and therefore weaken her; That Magnus (who had always done right by her personally) had made her duchess even though she'd warned everyone during the elections that he was not the right choice for King; and that Kellan Dodger was swiftly making a nuisance of himself. Furthermore, the conspirators went from merely 'suggesting' rebellion in an armchair general kind of way, to actually declaring it in a matter of hours. All that, and I as a player knew that Aurea's player can be CRAFTY AF and it could all have been an elaborate plot to result in Selenia loosing her duchy on grounds of treason so that Magnus could take it or give it as he chose.

What she DID do was assert that due process should be followed: Referendums, protests, making rebellion a last resort as it should have been. But Kellan pushed Duke Isadril into premature action, without counting on how many enemies he himself had made. The loyalist weren't fighting FOR Magnus as much as they were AGAINST Kellan...and then this little gem happened...

It was literally a coin toss as to who Selenia would back. On the one hand, it was clear Magnus had to go and that perhaps a republican system would be a lot better. On the other, some of her most loyal knights and lords had already declared themselves loyalists. What pushed her over the edge, however, was Mormont sending her a letter comparing Kellan (whom she was already irritated with) to the Trents (Tyrants played by a powergamer that was eventually banned by the Titans, resulting in her wresting control of the Ivory Vale and becoming Empress). I was really hoping someone would, it was a masterful bit of character interplay. If not for that, and her promise to commit to a side in order to STOP the fighting, she might have remained neutral the whole way.

The rebels moved too quickly for their own good, which is why their rebellion would have failed regardless of what Selenia did.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: February 08, 2016, 07:26:30 AM »
Meh. Aurea isn't crafty AF, he's a bull!@#$ter both IC and OOC, and Xavax just happens to have a bunch of white knight sheep characters that have their blinders on. He has a bunch of typical Atamaran characters who blindly follow whoever is in charge and don't think for themselves.

It's easy to have power if a bunch of morons are led around by their nose by the ruler.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: February 08, 2016, 08:25:37 AM »
I had a character on Atamara once, for a day in 2007. As far as being a "white knight sheep character" goes, that's a first for me. But hey, if Sayuki is unsatisfied with the way things are going in Xavax, he's free to return to Alara, I'm sure they'll be happy the have him back.  :P

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: February 08, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »
I already have a place I can go. But I like seeing how much I can get away with poking the loyalists. They have such thin hides.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: February 08, 2016, 11:11:17 AM »
Meh. Aurea isn't crafty AF, he's a bull!@#$ter both IC and OOC, and Xavax just happens to have a bunch of white knight sheep characters that have their blinders on. He has a bunch of typical Atamaran characters who blindly follow whoever is in charge and don't think for themselves.

It's easy to have power if a bunch of morons are led around by their nose by the ruler.

I wouldn't quickly go as far as calling someone a bull!@#$ter as a player. There are a great number of BS characters, but to name a player thus is a step too far in pretty much any case if you ask me.