Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 130876 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #15: January 20, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »
Not to mention the whole point of Viridiana's faith is the re-establishment of some old lore, which was agreed that her faith would be a companion to that of the Xavax Phoenix in our exchange of many out-of-context messages. Ironically, I was the main proponent for the establishment of her faith and this whole plot, outside of her circle of allies.

Y'all are the ones who decided to leave Xavax a monarchy - I wanted to be the ruler of a meritocratic republic, if y'all can't recall.

Now, Xavax will be an empire - and Magnus its "zealous avatar". Until someone gets an itchy trigger finger and tries to get rid of him, to which I say: "...Good luck."

Like I've said, Magnus will step down when he no longer serves a purpose. Until that day, he will fight for his throne with any and all tools in his arsenal. I am far more zealous and ruthless in real-life than I seem to be in game... Y'all just don't get to see most of the fun stuff that goes on behind closed doors, i.e., private message. Fear not, Xavax will have its fun quite soon.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:20:51 PM by Ehndras »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 20, 2016, 06:58:52 PM »
Not to mention the whole point of war with Perleone is to conquer Ibladesh for Viridiana's faith, which was agreed that her faith would be a companion to that of the Xavax Phoenix in our exchange of many out-of-context messages. Ironically, I was the main proponent for the establishment of her faith and this whole plot, outside of her circle of allies.

Y'all are the ones who decided to leave Xavax a monarchy - I wanted to be the ruler of a meritocratic republic, if y'all can't recall.

Now, Xavax will be an empire - and Magnus its zealous avatar. Until someone gets an itchy trigger finger and tries to get rid of him, to which I say: "...Good luck."

Like I've said, Magnus will step down when he no longer serves a purpose. Until that day, he will fight for his throne with any and all tools in his arsenal. I am far more zealous and ruthless in real-life than I seem to be in game... Y'all just don't get to see most of the fun stuff that goes on behind closed doors, i.e., private message. Fear not, Xavax will have its fun quite soon.

You do realize I'm not in Xavax right? And I'm not saying you can't, or that you shouldn't. Hell I've used state religion before, although only in a theocracy. I'm all about little plots and other things, as you can see from my family history. I'm just saying that if you force people to join a faith, there will be quite some who will object, especially since there is already another faith in Xavax as well if I remember right. But even if that happens, I see no problems with rebellions*

*Author's note, as long as it's not against my chars :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 20, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »
A state religion based from Ibladesh? Where have I heard this before?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 20, 2016, 10:56:58 PM »
Aye, Church of Holy Wisdom - state-sanctioned and agreed-up via prodigious IC and some initial OOC to sort out the long-term concepts. ;) And aye, CHW is reminiscent of a certain age-old faith that changed the world - for better or worse...

Oh, no one is or will ever be forced to embrace the Phoenix. Did I accidentally imply that? My apologies. Consider it the posterchild for Xavax. The faith is meant more as a philosophy than a religion - sure, it has its lore, but they're more existential than anything. No long list of Gods with funny names, though I have a list of Primordial beings I *could* bring from a later incarnation (Read: degenerative bastardization) of Phoenexian ideals into a more standard old-school idolizing faith.

The Phoenix will be there for those who feel like joining the RP and concept - a few Xavax are believers, so far. Enough to make it more fun for those involved. This will present interesting opportunities between the Phoenix Kin and followers of the Holy Wisdom: enough friction to make things fun, though not enough (unless we all feel like it at some point) to lead to full-scale rivalry or conflict between the faiths.

I don't see it closing any doors, only opening them. I, for one, do not enjoy the CoHW RP or lore. Just not my thing. Those who follow the Phoenix, even if only in private, obviously feel the same. Its better to have 20 players split between 2 faiths than 10 players in 1 faith and 17 pseudo-atheists. Know what I mean?

I don't see a downside here.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 21, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »
I don't recall seeing !@#$ about the CoHW lore or anything other than Magnus' announcement about it.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 21, 2016, 04:04:26 AM »
no one in xavax ever said anything about rebelling against you, although the more blog-posts i see  putting up internal discussions on forums, the more that ultimately pointless exercise becomes tempting.

most players play this game for the wars. some just for the rp, some like the priest game, whatever. it's not hard to have a little something for everyone, but if you don't have war you don't have a realm real quick.

chill, my dude, just chill. be like the fonz. what's the fonz like? he's cool  8)
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 21, 2016, 02:11:50 PM »
I played no part in their lore, nor will I discuss it at any point I'm aware of. Most of it was done privately and out of my hands, for fear of, well, something its not my place to reveal. They have their own history and lore, which you can learn through Lady Viridiana and whoever else her priests may be. I'm only saying that I was made aware of their concept and saw it to be interesting enough to allow it in Xavax. That about sums it up.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 22, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »
A state religion based from Ibladesh? Where have I heard this before?

Fleugs I think it's time to pull the biggest trick in history. Peradn and Oligarch embracing CoI :) There are certainly strong family reasons for doing so heh

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 29, 2016, 08:20:52 AM »
It seems I have gotten myself into something of a pickle. :P

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 29, 2016, 11:33:57 AM »
It seems I have gotten myself into something of a pickle. :P

What have you done?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: January 29, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »
What have you done?

Only claimed that the King of Alara no longer deserves his seat of power as King for signing an alliance with Caligus, then got banned for being a "spy".

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 29, 2016, 11:37:51 PM »
I think the entire island has now polarized back into two separate factions. Bummer. Id was hoping for something a bit more dynamic.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: January 29, 2016, 11:39:53 PM »
I think the entire island has now polarized back into two separate factions. Bummer. Id was hoping for something a bit more dynamic.

Looks like it is quickly becoming south vs center vs north while south and north are becoming friends.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 29, 2016, 11:48:05 PM »
Now where have I seen that before...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 30, 2016, 12:17:20 AM »
le boring