Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 130827 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #105: February 10, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »
And that everyone in the realm that supports him is a "!@#$ing idiotic sheep".

I'm trying to get you to stop doing this so you don't *have* to get more warnings.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: February 11, 2016, 09:02:38 AM »
You make my life a living hell and insult me IC, and now you insult me OOC. Thanks a lot.

A little hint on my personality type, of which I'm practically a poster-child according to my psychologist, if it helps you understand why I am the way I am, because you quite obviously don't seem to get the bigger picture. I don't fault you for it, I'm a man of countless contradictions that somehow manage to achieve an uneasy state of equilibrium. As much as you doubt me, I doubt myself more.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

"INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. Most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.

Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of their personalities, INFJs are in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, they have very high expectations of themselves, and frequently of their families. They don't believe in compromising their ideals.

INFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring. They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in the INFJ being hard-nosed and stubborn. But generally, children of an INFJ get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring."

I'm an open book if you ever actually cared to even vaguely ATTEMPT to figure me out, like JeVondair, Orlov, and a few others have.

First of all, I made it VERY clear I am only running so Selenia's name isn't the only one on the ballot. SECOND, before, during, and after the rebellion it was stated that I could re-run for rulership after stepping down. I am in NO way breaking any agreement by doing so. Don't believe me? Go re-read a few messages and choke on your false words.

I don't even enjoy playing in Xavax ever since this little mess began. Its become a massive chore. All my attempts at sparking RP went down the toilet the moment Dodger's group migrated to Xavax and, quite frankly, my entire focus and purpose upon logging in became about breaking Dodger's influence rather than having fun. I had to wrap myself in the most ridiculously convoluted scheme in order to ensure dethroning Dodger didn't end up with me dead and Xavax ruined, BARELY managed to save face with all the Alaran mess going on, and failed miserably to keep up superficial appearances of stability as my play-time dwindled and I bumrushed speed-typing massive posts in reply to everyone and their mother on a dwindling phone charge during back to back work shifts. Sorry, but I really didn't have time to waste arguing with Dodger, but that's the only bloody thing that was going on in Xavax.

Now that the rebellion has been fought, we can all move on.

As for calling me a bull!@#$ter, give us all an example then, oh blessed paragon of virtue. I'll link you to my deviantart, my facebook, my employer's page, hell, you can call my security dispatch and find out what my patrol hours are. I will sort through the text files I have of every message I've ever sent and received since the day I joined Xavax. I'll provide whatever proof you need to refute your ignorant accusations at the drop of a dime. Don't EVER call me a god damn bull!@#$ter. There is NOTHING I hate more in this world than being called a liar! I'd take a bullet to the face and die with a smile knowing I spoke truth before I dishonor myself and my family name by being a deceiver. Even my Riombaran assassin-to-be is brutally honest. I am known for this in both games and in real life. Its who I am. I may omit information, but I will not lie unless it is an extremely severe matter. You want the stark truth? I have extremely bad short term memory and couldn't remember a lie  to save my life if I told it, therefore its utterly idiotic to do so. I do, however, have incredible long-term memory recall, especially for traumatic or emotional events. If someone asks me a direct question, I have to answer it honestly. Its the big flaw of my OCD. Just ask my ex-wife, my brother, my mother, my best friends how many times I "shot myself in the foot", metaphorically, by admitting things no sane man would admit, simply because someone asked - sometimes even a complete stranger. I have panic attacks when I deal with lies. Deception causes me great anxiety. I grew up with a schizophrenic sociopathic narcisist mother who lies about everything humanly possible, emotionally manipulates everyone around her for the sake of money, and took a profound distaste for such behavior growing up. I am painfully, horribly sincere - to a fault, because its the one thing that sets me apart from my mother. In real like I am quiet and composed, but as a writer, you will always see MASSIVE text-walls - like this one - because frankly, I''m not even speaking to you anymore. I'm telling a story, and you're simply the audience. If you listen, great. If not, I don't care - because it mattered more to me in writing it than it ever will to you in listening. Its more trouble than its worth, but I'd rather be hated for saying what I believe - right or wrong, whether I'm believed or not - than be loved for a lie. I may be an obsessive-compulsive depressed anxious confusing mess of a person, but I take my words seriously. My word is my bond. That is the one thing my father taught me to respect before he died, and its the one way I can still honor him. When and if I lie, I admit it instantly - I will not suffer panic attacks for the sake of bull!@#$. And yes, that even includes in-game lies. I can't lie as a character without incurring anxiety over it. Its... Well, made my writing experience very interesting, to say the least.

And Dodger, Selenia didn't pull out dishonorably. Selenia followed Magnus' orders and did her job splendidly. Or do you really think everyone buddying up to you actually supported your plot? Even dissident factions have dissidents of their own. Its funny, the more you spoke and believed you were gaining support by incessantly insulting and undermining me with Sayuki Kuriga in tow, the more I received messages in private complaining about it.

It was like a broken friggin' record. I was fine with a little chaos and dissent, hence why I didn't ban you as soon as I knew you weren't being honest with me - instead I ordered people to keep their eyes open but do nothing. Remember, I could've simply ordered the judge to ban you. I could have shut you up after any of your outbursts. I could have chucked Kuriga back over the Alaran border and fed him to the dogs.

But I didn't. I let you have your fun at my initial IC expense, and eventually my OOC expense. You lot called me a tyrant, but til the end I was more forgiving than you ever deserved.

I'd like to dedicate a poem to Kellan / Sayuki as he (in-game, not out of context) reminded me of the emotions I felt when I wrote it. I wrote it back when I was in high school about a former friend who tried to murder me and destroy my life because he was secretly in love with my bipolar Puerto rican ex-girlfriend who made my life living hell, so forgive me if its crude, angry, and of lesser quality. Enjoy.

Title: Wherein Lies The Beast (March 17th, 2010)

Where is he? A shadow, lost;
Not to the dawning insanity,
But to an unforgiving fragment of pride

In his wake,
All bonds of trust were relinquished;
To be abandoned, fed to the dogs

Wings - of blackened angels,
Corrupt was the sanctity of love

Forgotten was all which once mattered to him,
His illusions sustained by wrath

At his heart - lied envy, and greed;
Reflections of failed maturity,
Unleashed by internal strife

Lost it all,
Everything valued, all that once was;
To grasping claws of vanity,
Foreboding his rapid descent

Crawl through the trials of reality,
Seethe at the loss of your world

Look beyond the gaze - of caged humanity,
And shut close every rotting door

See him now,
Cloaked - in sorrow and pain,
Brought by none other than himself

Wallow at,
The sight - of fools' self-pity;
Towards the fleeting,
Dark dreams undoubtedly denied

Dance - through crumbling corridors,
Riddled - with images of death

Look upon the face of long-gone memories,
Their forlorn remnants putrefact

This demon,
Who gazes intently at our hearts;
Descending from darkness apparent,
To feed upon his windblown lies

Lost is she,
The angel he once enslaved;
Forced to do his bidding,
'Til she'd retire - to an early grave

Grip the fleeting hopes,
That echo through your soul

Cradled in absolution,
Compassion - a figment of the past

Embrace - your haven of loathing
Become - the essence of deceit

Dream - of untainted innocence
Grimace at the prospect of demise

Forged from your heart yet so adamant,
Tempered in the flames of your hate;
Imbued with the power of thrice-told lies,
Where sleeps your upheld ego now?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: February 11, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
You both need to let go, and get over it. You're probably sucking all the fun out it for yourselves, and everyone else in your realm. Let it go. Move on. Find another realm. And stop talking.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: February 11, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »
I'm sorry but I spent long, sleepless nights religiously pumping out dozens upon dozens of paragraphs of material and built everything Xavax is from the ground-up until Dodger and 2-3 others showed up and shat all over it. I came up with the government, the titles, the lore, the culture, the religion, poetry, a "theme song", realm descriptions, and more - some of which I never even got a chance to share, such as the entire formulation of the Xavax faith. When I'm at work I carry a notepad where I write future RP and lore - I love this game. Folks liked it and supported it - hence my election as King - and then a particular group of migrants showed up and quite literally said "well we weren't here so we don't care." The two migrant waves prior and all those after came to Xavax peacefully and honorably. Only this specific migrant wave started problems. They've been a pain in my side ever since.

So, screw it. I give up. I'll form the faith if anyone even cares at this point but if not, I quit. I'm not wasting hours of my time and a ton of effort if no one gives a damn. I'd much rather spend that time working on my scifi novel. Xavax has been fun, and good practice on impromptu roleplay, but I don't have time for this with my new job. Sorry.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #109: February 11, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »
saw the wall of text. instantly thought 'That must be aurea'
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: February 11, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »
Battlemaster is a cooperative game. You don't get to dictate to everyone else how things will work. Sometimes they will work with you, sometimes they work against you. Either way, you play it out IC. If most people agree with you, you'll probably win it out. If not, then you won't.

Hell, I came up with a pretty detailed layout for the Sandalak government and RP, and won the election with it. (But lost the recount to Zakky... Grr...) Anyway, they used some of it, and tossed the rest. The people who showed up later changed it even more.

The point is, I didn't get any special privilege to have my ideas universally adopted as canon just because I was one of the original characters in the realm. Everyone else gets to contribute too, even if their contribution is to say my idea sucks, and they want something else entirely.

Also, I find that other characters are most likely to rebel against your ideas if they feel they are being handed afait accompli, and not allowed to contribute their ideas to the system.

In the end, I don't know what happened in Xavax. But if the people there didn't want to follow your plan, then either go with their plan (their ideas are just as valid as yours), or go somewhere else and implement your plan. Either way, plan stop the drama. No one cares about your Myers-Briggs type, and it sure as hell isn't justification for multiple, epic-length ooc rants against other players.

Zakilevo

« Reply #111: February 11, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »
Battlemaster is a cooperative game. You don't get to dictate to everyone else how things will work. Sometimes they will work with you, sometimes they work against you. Either way, you play it out IC. If most people agree with you, you'll probably win it out. If not, then you won't.

Hell, I came up with a pretty detailed layout for the Sandalak government and RP, and won the election with it. (But lost the recount to Zakky... Grr...) Anyway, they used some of it, and tossed the rest. The people who showed up later changed it even more.

The point is, I didn't get any special privilege to have my ideas universally adopted as canon just because I was one of the original characters in the realm. Everyone else gets to contribute too, even if their contribution is to say my idea sucks, and they want something else entirely.

Also, I find that other characters are most likely to rebel against your ideas if they feel they are being handed afait accompli, and not allowed to contribute their ideas to the system.

In the end, I don't know what happened in Xavax. But if the people there didn't want to follow your plan, then either go with their plan (their ideas are just as valid as yours), or go somewhere else and implement your plan. Either way, plan stop the drama. No one cares about your Myers-Briggs type, and it sure as hell isn't justification for multiple, epic-length ooc rants against other players.

Although I won and replaced Indirik, I still went with what he has created because people liked it. Just that I added my own flavor into it to make it a bit more interesting. If you try to do everything, it won't last long. Let others contribute and build upon what you laid out. Trying to drag a whole realm to the way you want won't work. If your idea is good, people will join in. Look at Sanguis Astroism, Sandalak and Taselak. People stuck by them because they thought those were good and worth contributing to.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: February 11, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
Thats not how it works though. John Dodgers revolt is the 'legends of lore of Xavax' the rest of it is just fluff that will change over time.

I could never understand deleting ones character over things that happen ingame. My character is defined by the ingame tragedies, he thrives as a living breathing character by what makes him so completely imperfect and human, without the bad times there can be no legends, no rise.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:59:50 PM by Glaumring the Fox »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: February 11, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »
I'm sorry but I spent long, sleepless nights religiously pumping out dozens upon dozens of paragraphs of material and built everything Xavax is from the ground-up until Dodger and 2-3 others showed up and shat all over it. I came up with the government, the titles, the lore, the culture, the religion, poetry, a "theme song", realm descriptions, and more - some of which I never even got a chance to share, such as the entire formulation of the Xavax faith. When I'm at work I carry a notepad where I write future RP and lore - I love this game. Folks liked it and supported it - hence my election as King - and then a particular group of migrants showed up and quite literally said "well we weren't here so we don't care." The two migrant waves prior and all those after came to Xavax peacefully and honorably. Only this specific migrant wave started problems. They've been a pain in my side ever since.

So, screw it. I give up. I'll form the faith if anyone even cares at this point but if not, I quit. I'm not wasting hours of my time and a ton of effort if no one gives a damn. I'd much rather spend that time working on my scifi novel. Xavax has been fun, and good practice on impromptu roleplay, but I don't have time for this with my new job. Sorry.

You can at least rest assured that everyone has that 'problem', although I'd rather see it as an opportunity. I founded and run a tyranny, and still can't force my will every time I want to. Sometimes you have to give up some things, to gain (more important) victories elsewhere. Even with Oligarch's name change coming up, I just try to involve everyone rather than forcing a 'solution'. If you can keep everyone involved and entertained, I think you can set up a great atmosphere. If you do everything alone, others will feel more disconnected. Some will just stop doing things, while others prefer to rebel (which would usually be more my style also tbh).
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: February 11, 2016, 11:12:18 PM »
In fairness to Ehndras,

I didn't read the full post very thoroughly, and don't know anything about the specific details. But there has for a long time been a sort of lazy player that has really ruined the sort of efforts he is discussing through pure laziness and lack of roleplaying.

You will work hard to build up a complicated roleplay and involve as much of the realm or island as you can, and then some silent (usually second, so thankfully that's not as much an issue anymore) character comes along and, without a word or attempt to explain what they are doing, *CLICK* some button they have access to and !@#$ the whole thing over. These are often characters who haven't sent a single post in the recorded 30 days.

This is NOT coming in with a different set of RP circumstances that hose yours - that's perfectly fair, and something you just have to integrate or put up with. But the use of buttons in lieu of RP, especially coupled with the non-reaction of anyone else in the realm, is a problem.

The part of this that bothers me the most is, no one else in the realm can ever be bothered to take notice or do/say anything, regardless of which side they may be on. I used to put a tremendous amount of time into not only RPing, but opening up 10 different tabs to look on details and make sure things all tied together logically, build things up for weeks sometimes, and then - pffft. Someone clicks a button without even the courtesy of a small RP about why. The last time this happened I just stopped writing RPs, and really haven't gone back to it again full-throttle ever since.

The only thing that we can really *do* to battle this is for ourselves - obviously some of the leaders of the game - to pay more attention to this and tap people on the shoulder with a "uhm, wtf?" when you see it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:29:09 PM by Noone you know »

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: February 11, 2016, 11:22:12 PM »
Although, Ehndras -

the game has a funny way of correcting itself. In this case, something I'm not prepared to discuss yet since it is actively playing out.

I recommend you continue the RP in the best way you can. Napoleon had a second empire. 

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: February 11, 2016, 11:58:09 PM »
Nah, no one, your scenario wasn't the case in this instance. Indirik has a good take on it.

Also, Napoleon Bonaparte only had one empire. The second empire was 47 years later and was led by his nephew Napoleon III.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: February 12, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »
was actually referring to his return for a second round. call it the "Napoleon Family Dynasty" if you like, then :-) not terribly relevant, but thanks for the clarification.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: February 12, 2016, 02:21:47 AM »
Noone, everyone involved in the rebellion were vocally against the Xerarch for a while, this wasn't something that came out of nowhere, nor did it involve lazy roleplay.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: February 12, 2016, 03:57:01 AM »
I'm not talking about his case, which I already said I don't know the particulars of.