Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132948 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #150: February 19, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »
I meant shouldn't have been possible as in there should have been a lord appointed days ago.

Oh yes, definately. We all make that mistake once, I guess. In this case it's huge because it's about Isadril.

Eppy makes a habit out of it to search for regions that can be bought - or at least it happens a lot.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: February 19, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
A lot? It was twice. And when you're getting double teamed by two realms that are individually as large, or larger, than your own, everything is fair.

Besides, leaving lordships open? It's your own fault. Anything can happen.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: February 19, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
Oh yes, definately. We all make that mistake once, I guess. In this case it's huge because it's about Isadril.

Eppy makes a habit out of it to search for regions that can be bought - or at least it happens a lot.

Everyone with a sound mind does it :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: February 19, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »

He means that for whatever reason we weren't mechanically able to appoint a lord, I think. Not that we refused to. Besides, the Stegman character was so childish and annoying I ignored him. I mean, who puts youtube links into IC messages these days?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:32:42 PM by GundamMerc »

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: February 19, 2016, 06:17:21 PM »
IIRC, new lords are appointed from nobles with estate in the region and nobles with no estate.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: February 19, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »
Yup Vita is right. You can't assign a noble to a lordship position unless they already live in that region or don't have an estate. Otherwise you could steal someone's vassals away from them all willy-nilly.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: February 19, 2016, 07:48:23 PM »
Yup Vita is right. You can't assign a noble to a lordship position unless they already live in that region or don't have an estate. Otherwise you could steal someone's vassals away from them all willy-nilly.

Oh the cruelty of having one's vassals made one's peers! The natural order upended! *shakes a cane*

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: February 19, 2016, 10:00:31 PM »
It prevents various abuses. I'm also fairly certain that the appointment page tells you the requirements. If not, file a bug report.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: February 20, 2016, 12:17:45 AM »
The only complaint I have about the Buy Region is it is totally useless these days as any sort of in-game roleplaying event.

I've had characters state, "I know you used the buy region option".

I've had characters ask me, "Can you use the buy region option"

I've heavily rp'd the event and still had characters ban me or take in-game action based on "you bought the region"

I rarely even have characters ask my character "what happened". they already know what happened - I clicked the "Buy Region" link, and that's all the effort they have time for.

There is a specific RP message that goes out about what "happened" in-game, and you are welcome to RP that you doubt the story, but no one gives enough of an eff to even bother anymore.

I suppose I could start complaining to the Titans, but really - it's too often, and the Titans aren't quick enough on these things to fix the damage in time.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: February 20, 2016, 12:20:26 AM »
Oh, Iuz Crownguard did get banned from the realm and had to rejoin. So I guess he had to wait a week.

I agree that buying a region may need a bit of a rewrite, it seems a bit silly especially as no one besides realms usually have much if any recognized claim to a specific region.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: February 20, 2016, 12:23:37 AM »
The only complaint I have about the Buy Region is it is totally useless these days as any sort of in-game roleplaying event.

I've had characters state, "I know you used the buy region option".

I've had characters ask me, "Can you use the buy region option"

I've heavily rp'd the event and still had characters ban me or take in-game action based on "you bought the region"

I rarely even have characters ask my character "what happened". they already know what happened - I clicked the "Buy Region" link, and that's all the effort they have time for.

There is a specific RP message that goes out about what "happened" in-game, and you are welcome to RP that you doubt the story, but no one gives enough of an eff to even bother anymore.

With the most recent update (today), some fixes went live that should once more not only make it possible to buy the region at the turn, but for regions to revolt at the turn and select a noble passing through as their new Lord. This gives the option of having plausible deniability when using the feature.

I suppose I could start complaining to the Titans, but really - it's too often, and the Titans aren't quick enough on these things to fix the damage in time.

And the Titans are not the RP police, so they should simply reject any such complaint.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: February 20, 2016, 12:56:05 AM »
select a noble passing through as their new Lord. This gives the option of having plausible deniability when using the feature

I've seen how well "plausible deniability" tends to work in this game. I don't hold out a lot of hope for it, if for no other reason than I would never want to use an option that spends my money & randomly selects a noble in the region as new lord. I doubt I'd be in a situation where I wasn't the only char to chose from.

If people aren't going to acknowledge "Buy Region" is an OOC menu item, what makes you think they'll accept that excuse?

And the Titans are not the RP police, so they should simply reject any such complaint.

If the character is saying, "I know you used the Buy Region", that definitely is not RP, and should be looked at by the Titans.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: February 20, 2016, 01:09:47 AM »
There is no feature that spends your money and selects someone else as a region lord.

Normal region revolts now have a chance of selecting a nearby noble as its lord, when revolting to a new realm.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: February 20, 2016, 01:14:05 AM »
First of all, please use the "quote" feature of the forum; that's what it's there for.

If the character is saying, "I know you used the Buy Region", that definitely is not RP, and should be looked at by the Titans.

No, it's not abuse. It's simply bad RP.

The Titans are not there to punish people who are not playing the game in the one way that you think is appropriate.

They are there to punish violations of the actual rules and policies set down to govern the playing of the game.

If someone is sending things as OOC messages that should be IC, then ask them politely to change.

If someone is sending OOC spam, that is for the Titans.

If someone is using OOC knowledge in the game, then, again, ask them politely to change. If they don't, well, frankly, too darn bad. Not a single person playing this game actually has the experience of being a medieval noble, and precious few of them even have more than the remotest idea of what that experience would be like. (And I include myself in that.) This is a game, and people are playing it to have fun.

Now, if you're on Dwilight, and people are violating SMA, then there might be at least something to talk about. But on any other island? Don't make a Titan report unless you think someone is actually breaking a rule of the game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: February 20, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »
There is no feature that spends your money and selects someone else as a region lord.

Normal region revolts now have a chance of selecting a nearby noble as its lord, when revolting to a new realm.

Ah, I misunderstood. You are saying the second option is just to get the region to revolt, not to claim it as your own?

Again, though - if the issue is that people aren't accepting that local bureaucrats are finding old documents, why would they accept that the region just "decided" to swap to your realm all of the sudden?