Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132105 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #390: June 28, 2016, 12:05:45 AM »
"We will fight X realm"

Literally, lol
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: June 28, 2016, 02:42:03 AM »
Why Perdan's players that are such !@#$%^&s to everyone else that you're either Perdan's puppet or you will be crushed without mercy?
So who are Perdan's puppets? Care to elaborate?
Why is it Perdan's players that have constant OOC griping, harassment, and IRs thrown around between them?
Actually, my experience is quite different. I think I participated in all recent campaigns and don't remember Perdanese insulting others. On the other hand I stopped trying to RP with Xavaxians because I get nothing but bitter insults from them.
Not even BT's NPC Daimons have torn down fortifications intentionally, destroyed temples repeatedly (there's been the odd temple attack by NPC but hardly concerted)
Wait, what's wrong with that? Sounds like a reasonable military strategy to me.
Why don't you mention certain players abusing mechanics to prevent fortification destruction instead?
executed advies
Pretty sure Xavax is executing as many advies. Only griefing when Perdan does that?
repeatedly torture nobles etc.
I doubt that is true. But if it was, you'd achieve more by spreading this information IG. If our judge is secretely torturing nobles he'll lose his position when the realm finds out.
There's roleplaying an evil, dishonourable realm, and there is constant-destruction-of-everything-in-your-way that other players don't even enjoy playing with you anymore.
Says who? Looks like you're confusing yout OOC butthurt with IG reality.
You go to war with Perdan, you will be destroyed entirely because their players play to win against other players not to play with players in the progress of a story. And if they have to, they will lie to your face to do it.
You really need to substantiate such accusations.
And I don't mean to collective every player within the realm.
That's exactly what you've done.
The problem is really more that Perdan doesn't have a defined long term plan in regards to anything. "We will fight X realm" is about all you get there, everything else is just blindly groping forward.
The king has a fairly consistent agenda which I personally find constructive. More so than most other realms perhaps.
Of course everyone gets butthurt when one realm emerges as a superpower. But at least Perdan plays fair by restraining itself OOC, refusing to blot and federate with every other realm worth its salt.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:45:00 AM by Constantine »

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #392: June 28, 2016, 05:40:58 AM »
So who are Perdan's puppets? Care to elaborate?Actually, my experience is quite different. I think I participated in all recent campaigns and don't remember Perdanese insulting others. On the other hand I stopped trying to RP with Xavaxians because I get nothing but bitter insults from them.Wait, what's wrong with that? Sounds like a reasonable military strategy to me.
Why don't you mention certain players abusing mechanics to prevent fortification destruction instead?Pretty sure Xavax is executing as many advies. Only griefing when Perdan does that?I doubt that is true. But if it was, you'd achieve more by spreading this information IG. If our judge is secretely torturing nobles he'll lose his position when the realm finds out.Says who? Looks like you're confusing yout OOC butthurt with IG reality.You really need to substantiate such accusations.That's exactly what you've done.The king has a fairly consistent agenda which I personally find constructive. More so than most other realms perhaps.
Of course everyone gets butthurt when one realm emerges as a superpower. But at least Perdan plays fair by restraining itself OOC, refusing to blot and federate with every other realm worth its salt.

The ability to put your head in the sand is outstanding.

A. he was referring to having to execute adventurers because they were obvious scouts, not Perdan executing them.

B. Perdan puppets are Vix and Perleone. pretty simple actually.

C. I'm getting real tired of Perdan players pulling out the "Butthurt" argument in an attempt to denigrate other players because other people are tired of putting up with their bull!@#$.

I'm glad I went to Oligarch. Sirion maybe trying to enforce hegemony over a small realm, but at least they don't spew hypocritical bull!@#$ all over the forums.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: June 28, 2016, 07:07:52 AM »
They must be arresting and executing all adventurers not of their realm. They executed my paused advy. I wasn't even barely playing but to hunt around EC. Seriously Blue Star family? On one hand, whatever, advies are disposable, !@#$ happens. I've had advies executed before and !@#$ happens. But what bothers me, is its the same people just destroying everything without regard to interaction with other players.

But why is it always Perdan behind this? Why Perdan's players that are such !@#$%^&s to everyone else that you're either Perdan's puppet or you will be crushed without mercy? Why is it Perdan's players that have constant OOC griping, harassment, and IRs thrown around between them? Not even BT's NPC Daimons have torn down fortifications intentionally, destroyed temples repeatedly (there's been the odd temple attack by NPC but hardly concerted), executed advies, destroyed infrastructure, slaughtered regions into nothingness, repeatedly torture nobles etc. There's roleplaying an evil, dishonourable realm, and there is constant-destruction-of-everything-in-your-way that other players don't even enjoy playing with you anymore.

You go to war with Perdan, you will be destroyed entirely because their players play to win against other players not to play with players in the progress of a story. And if they have to, they will lie to your face to do it. It's totally not a game we signed up in a Social Contract to play with others as friends, but I guess Perdan's players bring hammers to their boardgames. Who cares about someone else's experience while *we* are having fun, right? Until there's no one left to defeat because you've driven them all away...and no one wants to play with you anymore.

I once wanted to play in Perdan as that was one of the few old realms I hadn't (wanted to play in Darka but never grabbed the chance either). I advocated keeping the realm alive; oocly i figured some future character would play there. The last year has taught me....I hope Perdan gets what it !@#$ing deserves tenfold since those old players have returned with this 'who give a !@#$ about anyone else im playing with' attitude and went back to Old Perdan business as usual.

Damn, and this is Vita saying this. ;)  We've executed two Avies, but that was with Portal Stones being used and a warning that said Avies had a history of using them, we're not just arresting every one we see and have a stated rule to not torture nobles of Vix, Perleone, and Perdan (our enemies in Minas and Alara are another matter, they've declared their Hatred and now they can take their chances).

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #394: June 28, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »
vita's depressed.

and yes odoaker has a general agenda, which i like. he drives action forward and against the right targets. but without a clearer idea on how to enact that agenda it boils down to what i mentioned.

i do believe things will improve going forward as better balance is achieved in the south and perdan/ vix can focus north again. fairly well balanced conflict across the continent.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: June 28, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
vita's depressed.

and yes odoaker has a general agenda, which i like. he drives action forward and against the right targets. but without a clearer idea on how to enact that agenda it boils down to what i mentioned.

i do believe things will improve going forward as better balance is achieved in the south and perdan/ vix can focus north again. fairly well balanced conflict across the continent.

Balance? Perdan? That's a good joke.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #396: June 28, 2016, 03:46:57 PM »
now youre just crying
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #397: June 28, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »
Claiming Perdan puppeted Vix (and Perleone) really disregards the insane amounts of ingame time that was devoted to construct a friendly relationship between two realms. Seriously. There is a certain gathering between Perdanese and Tiramoran nobles that gathers letters and talk faster than half of the realms out there. Why do we do this? Because it's nice. Because it evolved so at secession, that both realms would be friends and that this friendship has to be preserved. Because this friendship is maintain by constant (take that literally) in game exchange between actual characters. As those characters. It is said that a Perdanese King understands the Tiramoran democracy best - because he is the only consistent ruler around and has to convince every single duke of Vix before achieving any progress (disclaimer: totally a saying I only say in my head). But if you wish to deal with Tiramoran politics, and you are sincere, you have to play their game of democracy.

Perleone, we basically marched through. We're now allied though, "I suppose they did see the light" (though we never intended to conquer or war them). Perdan has no particular feeling towards Perleone, except that it doesn't really wish to conquer anything in the South. Other than that, yes, I would agree that from many points of views, we are dicks.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: June 28, 2016, 10:04:01 PM »
we're not just arresting every one we see and have a stated rule to not torture nobles of Vix, Perleone, and Perdan.
Well, that's simply not true. Xavaxian judge openly warned Perdanese that he will torture them mercilessly if any are captured. When I mentioned that was dishonorable conduct he came back with something like "lel, you pussies" which pretty much ended my willingness to RP with that family.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: June 28, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »
Well, that's simply not true. Xavaxian judge openly warned Perdanese that he will torture them mercilessly if any are captured. When I mentioned that was dishonorable conduct he came back with something like "lel, you pussies" which pretty much ended my willingness to RP with that family.

I'd like to see an exact quote, rather than trust your very biased word for it.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: June 28, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »

I'm the judge of Xavax. Hi.

As issued to the Perdanese criminals in urbs Xavacis.

Letter from Godric Tórrarin
Message sent to everyone in the region Xavax (19 recipients)
Perdanese,

You are are charged with subversion of the Xerarch, inciting treason, and supporting treason. You are also charged with dishonourable conduct in violation of the Codex Legibus Xavacis in regards to your association with the rapists and murderers of Itorunt and Semall. For all charges you are found guilty facing penalty of blinding and permanent expulsion from Greater Xavax. This is binding arbitration and cannot be appealed. Resistance to expulsion will be met with deadly force with no chance for claims of wergelds or otherwise.

The role of the Arbiter is to issue judgements in the name of the Xerarch. The role is also fundamental in promoting the good graces of nobility and dignity amongst the gentry and patricii. It is not often I issue comments alongside my arbitration.

Perdanese, ask yourselves, why am I here? Why have I traveled the continent to fight in a foreign land? The Imperium is only concerned with Greater Xavax. The rapists and murderers of the west insulted and conspired against us. Accordingly, the Imperium defended Greater Xavax as per its mandate. Perdanese, are you the friends and allies of rapists and murderers? The assorted filth who claim to rule out of Itorunt and the squalid hill nobility and dirt farmers of Semall? Five armies clamor to attack the Imperium, who by its laws and ways of life, are only concerned with its internal politics and lands. What is accomplished here? The rapists and murderers of Itorunt will not have their thirst quenched after our light is extinguished. The dirt farmers of Semall will not be content with their new holdings, having tasted civility and grace. Next they will come for you.

Hail,
Godric Warbornsson Tórrarin
Arbiter of Greater Xavax

This is what I sent. I issue threats and warnings to enemy combatants to scare them, dissuade them, make them more pliable when I "negotiate". Because you fully believe I will follow through on my threats. Never mind the Xerarch outlawed torture on any enemy combatants but infiltrators. Mission accomplished there. For everyone wondering, this was the exchange.

Letter from Caspian Flambard   (6 days, 1 hour ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Xavax (19 recipients)
Lord Arbiter,
It is hard to take seriously a judgement one can not enforce. But your malign character have been noted. It is ironic how you keep vilifying your foe's soldiers for raping some peasants but have apparently no qualms personally threatening torture and maiming upon the foreign nobility.
Caspian Flambard
Knight of Perdan

A nobody questions my willingness to follow through. I respond with i don't care if it hurts your feelings. IC, you are criminals and criminals are tortured and maimed in Xavax.

Letter from Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb   (6 days, 1 hour ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Xavax (18 recipients)
Sir Flambard, Knight of Perdan,

In one sentence you seem to belittle me, the next reveals your heart. You have committed crimes against the Imperium and if apprehended will face the penalties. Does that not make sense? You are not marching here over a dispute between our sovereigns, you come to commit crimes. Of course you will face torture and maiming if the arbitration judges such. Your grasp of logic cannot be so absurd as to not realize this is just. And if your heart bleeds and your lip trembles then you are no warrior of worth and your Saga will fade away.

The rebel leader Starfall was offered arbitration to his quarrel that settled both his concerns and his destruction of our property. In the face of justice and nobility he spat and refused to duel the Xerarch.

Hail,
Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb
Arbiter of Greater Xavax

But this upsets you further.

Letter from Caspian Flambard   (6 days ago)
Lord Arbiter,
I am sorry if my words wounded you, it was not my intention. But I only stated the truth and my logic is perfect.
If you are willing to stoop to torturing noblemen, you are much viler than those you call rapists who only inflicted harm upon peasants.
Caspian Flambard
Knight of Perdan

And I treat the nobody foreign invader from a superpower crying that we are not being fair as is deserved. With derision and contempt.

Letter from Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb   (6 days ago)
Sir Flambard,

Then the Lions of Perdan have thrown a cub to me, mewling his distaste at the realities of war and battle. Perhaps you'd prefer a bowl of warm milk?

You waste my time.

Hail,
Torxanib Godric Tórrarin ka Habb
Arbiter of Greater Xavax

To paraphrase your next words, "no u"

Letter from Caspian Flambard   (6 days ago)
Ser Torxanib,
I am saddened to see you decided to add dishonourable conduct to hypocricy.
I will not waste your time further.
Caspian Flambard
Knight of Perdan

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: June 29, 2016, 02:13:11 AM »
one, ic messages aren't supposed to be posted in these local forums.

two, no one cares

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: June 29, 2016, 02:18:57 AM »
I know what I wrote to you and what your wrote to me. Why break forum rules and copy those messages here? Just to show everyone how good you are at being toxic and insulting?
Well, it's never surprising to find out uncouth characters are being played by likewise abrasive players.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: June 29, 2016, 02:48:53 AM »
one, ic messages aren't supposed to be posted in these local forums.

two, no one cares

Three, that was obviously for GundamMerc's benefit, as he asked for an extact quote.

Four, no one cares what you think either Dodger, let the mod team do their job. If they think it needs to be removed, it will be. Your vitriolic posts and backseat moderation isn't necessary, regardless of how much you think it is.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #404: June 29, 2016, 04:02:47 AM »
I know what I wrote to you and what your wrote to me. Why break forum rules and copy those messages here? Just to show everyone how good you are at being toxic and insulting?
Well, it's never surprising to find out uncouth characters are being played by likewise abrasive players.

so wait, you're upset because his character wasn't playing nice with yours? Why am I not surprised that a Perdan player is unable to seperate IC and OOC?