Author Topic: Naming Duchies  (Read 13484 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Duchies
« Reply #15: January 21, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »
You can't rename a realm, though.

Mechanically, you can rename duchies once a turn if you want. Thus, we need to have some kind of limitation on doing so.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 22, 2016, 01:54:29 AM »
I thought it was ever thirty days for duchies. But still...

I would agree that the rules are inconsistent.  Not sure what the result should be. Duchies should not be constantly renamed. Especially not just because a new duke was appointed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 22, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »

I would agree that the rules are inconsistent.  Not sure what the result should be. Duchies should not be constantly renamed. Especially not just because a new duke was appointed.

But at the same time you should have the opportunity to name your char a semi-god walking the earth and have all worship him as higher being. Then the realm (new realm) and Duchy should carry his name also prob.

Why not limit the rule to changing Duchy names to 2 months or so? That should solve the issue no?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 22, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »

I would just make the name changing the same as for realms. Make them reviewable by the GMs and only allow changes that have a major reason IC reason behind them.