Author Topic: Infiltrators  (Read 42169 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Infiltrators
« Reply #105: November 22, 2011, 02:14:10 AM »
Nobles and Infils simply do not mix in my mind. Sneak into a vault to rob it? Burn food without being noticed? Stab someone when he sleeps? It looks way too much like a commoner's job.

The problem is that making the adventurers infiltrators, even if much poorer ones, would change a lot the dynamic of the game. It would be interesting, in a way, for it would cost them much more to raise their skills by themselves, and a noble could fund them, but it would be an expensive bet since if he gets caught doing infil job he gets auto-hanged. And it should be only experienced advies to avoid infil spam? Meh, still doesn't sound good enough.

I think a better solution would be to turn infiltrators into nobles who hire NPC assassins and thieves to do their dirty work, which is far more realistic. However, this would mean that all those infils with 80%+ SFing are basically useless now. allowing advies to turn into infiltrators would be cool as well, but would presumably be both too much effort as well as against the spirit of the game. I refuse to make any of my characters infils because it just seems so out of place.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre