Author Topic: Infiltrators  (Read 41642 times)

egamma

Re: Infiltrators
« Reply #30: June 14, 2011, 07:48:41 PM »
I trained my character till 40% Infiltration (High swordskill due Adventurer) and then went out into the field. Sticking to outlying regions with low risk options let me do fieldwork, using any leftover gold to train at the Academy whenever I found myself at a City with some spare time (Keeping enough gold with you to buy your way out of Prison is always a good idea). As part of Fontan though, I had lots of Realms to pick from that were at war with us. I got banished pretty early by my first enemy Realm, but just stuck to other Realms Fontan was at war with from then on. Encourage your own Realm to sign Prisoner Treaties with Enemies. Normally they include a No Execution part, allowing you to operate in an enemy Realm after you've been banished relativily safely. Once I was banished from pretty much by all enemies (And not aware of any Prisoner Treaties), I jumped on a ship and sailed to another Continent and picked the Realm that was at War with the most enemies and repeated the process. Eventually, my character got executed because he was part of the Netherworld, not needing any bans to get his head chopped off.

My character wasn't the most succesful Infiltrator (Judge Micna from Westmoor can attest to that. That was some fun stuff), generally sticking to killing off militia in the latter days (I found attacking Nobles still too risky), but he did have a high Infiltration Skill and managed to survive until the moment there were no bans needed for his execution. It was my only Infiltrator I ever had, and only had moderate success, but my tips if you want to 'play it safe':

-Don't be too loyal to your Realm if you can, it allows you more freedom of movement by switching Continents etc. Join Realms at War with many others (Though this shouldn't trump RP of course!). Be careful the Realm isn't so hated you will get tortured etc. of course.
-Always keep enough gold with you to buy your way out of Prison. This can give you extra chances basically.
-For training, stick to the lowest risk options (Just read the description. Even Tax Offices are a bit risky already) and only operate when guards aren't alerted in any way. Don't operate in Townsland or Cities.
-Don't operate in Realms you are banished from, unless there is a Prisoner Treaty disallowing Execution (That makes it safe enough).

This is playing it very safe and putting your survival as your number on priority, taking barely any risks to get executed. Nowadays, you can also command units as Infiltrator, but I never worked with that. That should allow you to earn yourself some Honour and Prestige and allows you to do some other things if you need time to earn some Taxes or something.

Now that should be on the wiki, and in the "how to be an infiltrator" thread that bedwedyr started.