Author Topic: Infiltrators  (Read 42242 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Infiltrators
« Reply #45: June 15, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
We're trying to add to the game here, not take away.

That's fine with me. My impression is that infiltrators are expensive glass cannons that take a long time to make, and people are trying to get around the "expensive" part as well as the "long time" part.

If you add low-risk, low reward options for infiltrators, then it would need to increase your skills slower than at the academy. Otherwise nobody would use the academy. (Or you can have a skill cap as you suggested.) I don't think that would address the complaint though. The complaint seems to be that the whole process is taking too long, in addition to being too risky.

Is the infiltrator class really ok as is, where it takes months of boring training to get anywhere(or in my case, not get anywhere)? Is there any way to make it less disappointing? Are even the simplest actions too high risk, thus preventing people from actually gaining their skills by doing things instead of training at the academy?

I cannot think of an alternative that would be fair to the other classes. Again, infiltrators can force me to skip my turn. That better come with some significant risk. And with the new wound system, a single successful attack can disable a noble for days.
------
qui audet vincit