Author Topic: Reply All button  (Read 11274 times)

Coquard

• Knight
    • View Profile
Reply All button
« Topic Start: January 15, 2016, 06:51:51 AM »
There is no 'reply to list' or 'reply to all' button for tags such as RP. It is my understanding that this was due to long ago there being hundreds of players per realm. Now that we are much smaller, this would make things definetly easier. There are times, especially when playing from my phone or tablet, it is very hard to go into contacts and pick certain ones to reply to.

Can we see this come back?

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Reply All button
« Reply #1: January 15, 2016, 09:45:32 AM »
Yes please. Massive pain in the ass averted if the button were returned.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 15, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
It never existed in the way you think it did.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Coquard

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 15, 2016, 05:15:30 PM »
I never said it existed...  I said I want it....  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 15, 2016, 07:26:10 PM »
You sure did. "Can we see this come back?" is a statement that you want us to give back something that we took away, or fix something that no longer works the way it used to work. So, yeah, you did say it used to exist. But it never did. And the feature that does exist, doesn't work in the way you are implying.

1) The "Reply to list" feature is NOT excluded from RP messages. The message tag has nothing to do with it. The "Reply to list" link is not included on messages sent to "everyone in the realm", regardless of the message tag.

2) I support the addition of a "Reply to list" option for messages sent to the entire realm. As you say, the omission was a deliberate one intended to help cut down on the incredible amount of chatter that we had back when lots of realms had 150+ characters. That situation no longer exists, and we *want* more chatter now.

3) Battlemaster is not intended to be game where characters can hold a long-term conversation with any arbitrary, self-selected group of other characters. That exclusionary behavior is not conducive to the open game style we try to promote. There are ways to communicate with selected subgroups with support from some game mechanics, such as the ruler's Message Groups function, which is limited to only nobles in your realm. Or you can use guilds or secret societies, which both have their associated limitations

Coquard

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 17, 2016, 06:08:04 AM »
I did say that,  and didn't realize it.  It my defense it was like 2am. My problem really is when player A writes a post to b, c, d, e,  etc.  I cannot reply without writing them all down,,, going to contact list and hoping that I catch everyone.  I play a lot from my smartphone, and a cheep one at that. I work eleven hour days and have trouble keeping up sometimes  a use I don't have the time to figure out who to reply to.  Sometimes it's a discussion between three or four players about a certain aspect,  but not something that requires and IG guild.  You want more activity,  in some ways this could help.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 19, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »
much want
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 19, 2016, 12:00:34 PM »
much want

Same here. When someone sends a letter to a few rulers for instance, you can't even reply to both the ruler and the person, which is sometimes rather difficult.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 19, 2016, 09:03:19 PM »
Not gonna happen.

Coquard

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 20, 2016, 03:48:09 AM »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 20, 2016, 04:00:21 AM »
Why?
3) Battlemaster is not intended to be game where characters can hold a long-term conversation with any arbitrary, self-selected group of other characters. That exclusionary behavior is not conducive to the open game style we try to promote. There are ways to communicate with selected subgroups with support from some game mechanics, such as the ruler's Message Groups function, which is limited to only nobles in your realm. Or you can use guilds or secret societies, which both have their associated limitations

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 21, 2016, 04:22:27 AM »
that is not what this topic is asking for. there are many cases in which the content of a message is specific to the group it is initially sent to and will continue to be discussed among those same people regardless. it would simply make it easier and more convenient for players to have the ability to reply all in such cases, which for those of us who are busy is a nice thing. it will facilitate quicker discussion in such cases, which will occur anyway, enabling those players to move on to other things or to implement the ideas being discussed, which is good for activity either way.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 21, 2016, 04:42:33 PM »
What you're asking for is exactly what I discussed: A long-term conversation with an arbitrary, self-selected group of characters. This is not intended to be the normal form of communication in the game. It is exclusionary, and would open up some exploits/abuses. (I'm not saying you personally would do that, but these are issues that we have actually observed in the past, and some that we have identified as additional obvious exploits/abuses.) That's why this ability was specifically *not* added. Coding around these would be time-consuming and difficult, and the necessary limitations that would be added to prevent the abuses would cut into the functionality you probably desire.

It will not happen.

Open up your discussion to a wider group to include more of your fellow players. Form a guild/society and have everyone join. Get your ruler to create a message group.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 21, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
What you're asking for is exactly what I discussed: A long-term conversation with an arbitrary, self-selected group of characters. This is not intended to be the normal form of communication in the game. It is exclusionary, and would open up some exploits/abuses. (I'm not saying you personally would do that, but these are issues that we have actually observed in the past, and some that we have identified as additional obvious exploits/abuses.) That's why this ability was specifically *not* added. Coding around these would be time-consuming and difficult, and the necessary limitations that would be added to prevent the abuses would cut into the functionality you probably desire.

It will not happen.

Open up your discussion to a wider group to include more of your fellow players. Form a guild/society and have everyone join. Get your ruler to create a message group.

Except you're being dense and failing to read the original post. Which is about posts to the entire realm, completely circumventing your point. How is it exclusionary to reply to your entire realm? I'm sorry, but I don't see what your point is at all. People really would like to be able to reply all to their realm. This would be a huge boon for communicating to the realm.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 22, 2016, 02:00:28 AM »
There are two issues in this thread. The first is the reply list option for realm wide messages. Perhaps you missed where I said "2) I support the addition of a "Reply to list" option for messages sent to the entire realm."

The second is for arbitrary selections of "some" characters. Thus:   "a message is specific to the group it is initially sent to".

Two issues. Two answers.