Author Topic: the Republic of Fronen  (Read 39444 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: the Republic of Fronen
« Reply #45: May 01, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
Holy crap, every account that I thought was a multi ...turned out to be a multi...insane.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 01, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »
Holy crap, every account that I thought was a multi ...turned out to be a multi...insane.

Yeah; imagine what might have happened if you'd actually, y'know...shared your suspicions with anyone who was in a position to do something about it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: May 02, 2017, 12:00:12 AM »
Still have the one person left who the multis keep propping up as ruler, protesting for when he's not ruler, and sharing the same strange speech styles.

Edit: Like Glaumring below, thank you for finding and taking care of this by the way.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:56:11 AM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 02, 2017, 03:13:32 AM »
Yeah; imagine what might have happened if you'd actually, y'know...shared your suspicions with anyone who was in a position to do something about it.
:'(  Sorry

BUT THANK YOU!!!!  ;D

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 06, 2017, 08:27:53 AM »
Takeover   (2 hours, 16 minutes ago)
message to all nobles on Beluaterra
Netherworld has taken control of Wudenkin. The region used to belong to Fronen.

New Ruler Elected   (2 hours, 15 minutes ago)
message to everyone on Beluaterra
The realm of Fronen has elected Bastian Moore as its new Doge.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 09, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »
Yeahhhh at least we have elections for Doge again next month. Somehow he managed to snag it without even campaigning. Must have either sent private messages to get support or people don't care and just vote for the person with the highest rank.

At least this means our General will be a Blackthorn in a few days. It's kind of a game of musical chairs in Fronen right now.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: May 09, 2017, 11:23:26 PM »
Whats wrong with Bastian? I have always felt he's been an active member of the realm. We are mainly supporting active members and anyone who is vocal right now. Our realm isn't a meritocracy its a 'Moticracy' lol .... Basically no matter your skill if you are motivated you are accepted.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 10, 2017, 01:50:46 AM »
Yeahhhh at least we have elections for Doge again next month. Somehow he managed to snag it without even campaigning. Must have either sent private messages to get support or people don't care and just vote for the person with the highest rank.

At least this means our General will be a Blackthorn in a few days. It's kind of a game of musical chairs in Fronen right now.

Never underestimate the power of simply having the highest rank in a race.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: May 10, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
Whats wrong with Bastian? I have always felt he's been an active member of the realm. We are mainly supporting active members and anyone who is vocal right now. Our realm isn't a meritocracy its a 'Moticracy' lol .... Basically no matter your skill if you are motivated you are accepted.

perhaps he'll be fine, atleast he cant be worse then Leoline.
My personal experience was that he wasn't vocal at all and didnt respond to any messages as General of Fronen for quite a long period of time.
Leoline even told us generals not to contact him but her instead in order to coordinate or communicate making me wonder why she didnt just absorb the title instead of having some silent puppet in that position.

If theres one thing in BM i hate it's characters in game determining positions who dont do !@#$, it stagnates or ruins the game for others.
Some players see positions itself as the goal of the game, while i believe it should be seen as ways to achieve goals instead.
I'd rather see a new player with no skill at all in these positions, instead of someone who just keeps silent ignoring the game altogether.
The only way for new players to learn is to be included in what those people do and get a chance to do it themselves.
If nothing is shared or worse, nothing is done, no one can learn anything nor experience the game to its full extend.
Stagnated characters in these kind of positions can really hurt the game in fact, but unfortunately its always been part of BM.
We can do something, not much, about it by putting our own characters at risk though, but not many are willing to do that.
And then there are also positions that cant be protested out, like Dukes or Margraves, a ruler can exile them, but that might only work if the ruler has more honor then the exiled noble.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 10, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »

Being active and being motivated are two different things. Fronen needs some new flair! The realm has been rather stagnant up until now (partly due to the multis) and it's the perfect opportunity to push the realm in a new direction of some sort. Instead, I feel as though we will continue the same sluggish routine as always. Since becoming Ruler I've heard little from Bastian. He hasn't mentioned anything in the Senate and hasn't treated Fronen like an actual Republic.

It's boring. In the past two days the only two players have sent public messages. There are 23 nobles in Fronen. Something needs to change. Time to start playing a more radicalized character, me thinks. Stir things up.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 10, 2017, 05:00:10 PM »
I don't remember Fronen ever being all that active or audacious. The new Fronen, that is, not the original one.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: May 11, 2017, 01:32:19 AM »
It was alright when Glaumring was king. I left after the multis staged a coup. It seems the realm went pretty dark after that. I'm willing to give Moore a chance, but the fact that he was the only government official not part of the multi before they got booted makes me a little hesitant. Some of the people running against him are rather new and might stand a good chance of getting elected if they can start campaigning now and get people used to them.

It might just be luck (and probably 100% my perspective), but between Fronen post-coup and the going ons of East continent, it seems to me that battlemaster is in its first upswing since deleting the active half of Dwilight and consolidating the islands.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: May 11, 2017, 01:46:42 AM »
It might just be luck (and probably 100% my perspective), but between Fronen post-coup and the going ons of East continent, it seems to me that battlemaster is in its first upswing since deleting the active half of Dwilight and consolidating the islands.
While I would definitely say a large part of BM experience is perspective (so, if you dont like a place, try somewhere else!), the player decline trend stopped in July 2016 after implementing the island closures. Since then, the trend has been either flat or slightly increasing. Closing West Dwilight was definitely a mistake and one I wish I could undo, but alas, I lack time travel. The lessons learned from that mistake informed the island closure and subsequent decisions.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: May 11, 2017, 02:14:19 AM »
Closing West Dwilight was definitely a mistake and one I wish I could undo, but alas, I lack time travel. The lessons learned from that mistake informed the island closure and subsequent decisions.

At this point it is what it is, though as one of the founders of Asylon I'll never stop carrying the torch! I was bummed out after, but the rekindling of South island and shake-ups elsewhere due to island mergers seem to be paying off.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: May 11, 2017, 05:52:04 AM »
As much trouble as we are and for all the headaches we've caused the admins over the years, I really got to say that we all love BM dearly for all its massive faults. Its a great game with great intrigue etc, I really wish there was more care poured into its development. BM is a gem, its really one of the best games out there in its ridiculously simple way.

As for Fronen, between battling Daimons and infighting with multi accounts... Well we have been rather insular and focused on merely surviving as of late. I think we have done a great job of standing against some pretty !@#$ty odds. I am proud of the realm and for all its faults enjoy the lucky happenstance that afforded me the time to randomly win an election and rule it for a time.  We will continue to grow and do things our way