Author Topic: the Republic of Fronen  (Read 40152 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: the Republic of Fronen
« Reply #45: May 10, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
Whats wrong with Bastian? I have always felt he's been an active member of the realm. We are mainly supporting active members and anyone who is vocal right now. Our realm isn't a meritocracy its a 'Moticracy' lol .... Basically no matter your skill if you are motivated you are accepted.

perhaps he'll be fine, atleast he cant be worse then Leoline.
My personal experience was that he wasn't vocal at all and didnt respond to any messages as General of Fronen for quite a long period of time.
Leoline even told us generals not to contact him but her instead in order to coordinate or communicate making me wonder why she didnt just absorb the title instead of having some silent puppet in that position.

If theres one thing in BM i hate it's characters in game determining positions who dont do !@#$, it stagnates or ruins the game for others.
Some players see positions itself as the goal of the game, while i believe it should be seen as ways to achieve goals instead.
I'd rather see a new player with no skill at all in these positions, instead of someone who just keeps silent ignoring the game altogether.
The only way for new players to learn is to be included in what those people do and get a chance to do it themselves.
If nothing is shared or worse, nothing is done, no one can learn anything nor experience the game to its full extend.
Stagnated characters in these kind of positions can really hurt the game in fact, but unfortunately its always been part of BM.
We can do something, not much, about it by putting our own characters at risk though, but not many are willing to do that.
And then there are also positions that cant be protested out, like Dukes or Margraves, a ruler can exile them, but that might only work if the ruler has more honor then the exiled noble.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog