Author Topic: the Republic of Fronen  (Read 39870 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: the Republic of Fronen
« Reply #60: May 11, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »
I don't feel troubled by anyone except the multicheats. Anyone can contribute to its development, so long as they know what they're doing, at least. The developers are just players who volunteer their time to help with the code. So just as BM's playerbase has decreased, the volunteers contributing, and the potential pool of new volunteers, have decreased.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: May 11, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »
Aye, I was in touch with Delvin a couple months ago when I rejoined the game about helping reorganize and add the to wiki. Except I couldn't get IRC to work on my damn laptop. Kept getting booted off again and again due to "This nickname is already in use". I tried soooo many nicknames. Then I got a new job and RL started to kick in..

But I'll be returning back to the States soon. I will have more free time then and I plan to talk to you, Vita, about rewriting and shifting around the introduction to the game for new players on the wiki. BM has brought me a lot of enjoyment over the years and I definitely want to give back to the game and those who invest their time into keeping the game going.

As for Fronen, it will be an interesting next few months. I really hope the 6th invasion will end soon so we can focus on rebuilding and have human vs human battles. I've always loved playing on Beluaterra but never for the invasions.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: May 11, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

As for Fronen, it will be an interesting next few months. I really hope the 6th invasion will end soon so we can focus on rebuilding and have human vs human battles. I've always loved playing on Beluaterra but never for the invasions.

Amen, allthough i think the invasions are really cool actually(thats why one plays on beluaterra), this one is taking too long.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: May 11, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »
Amen, allthough i think the invasions are really cool actually(thats why one plays on beluaterra), this one is taking too long.

"This one is taking too long" is a recurring theme, though, I believe. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 11, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »
I really hope the 6th invasion will end soon so we can focus on rebuilding and have human vs human battles.
Mixed feelings!

I think most humans have already realized we're in the tail stages of the Invasion, even if the daimons are still causing trouble. I'm also not as actively-engaged in the roleplaying or the military as I was earlier.

However, the daimon worshipers also provide an interesting roleplaying dynamic many players enjoy. And there's been other post-invasions where daimons have quietly survived in a corner without constantly re-invading human lands, while humans warred one another. So I am somewhat tempted to keep a barely-minimal presence just to protect the Worshipers post-invasion. Originally, it had been a goal to leave the Worshipers and Humans/Liars on an equal footing, but well...Anyway, its not entirely my decision either, as the source of daimonic power is influenced by players.

So daimonic power dwindles, but daimonic doom surprises have not disappeared quite yet.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: May 11, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »
Where going totally off topic here.

as the source of daimonic power is influenced by players

I understand there always has been some kind of mechanic behind the daimons and they also required a limited amount of resources like gold or food, but then something entirely different.
But what exactly, I never really understood from just looking how they're played(which is actually what makes them so special and exciting).
Perhaps it also changed per invasion?

The daimon worshipers thing is pretty cool and can stay on, if they go underground to survive now, evolve into a secret society (if they havent already) and influence the continent from there in favor of the daimons, prepare the world for their next coming in secret.
Their temples stretch far and wide (outside of human realms) but will all be destroyed eventually.
None of the human realms seem to want to negotiate with daimon worshipers, nor the other way around really.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #66: May 11, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »
The daimon worshipers thing is pretty cool and can stay on, if they go underground to survive now, evolve into a secret society (if they havent already) and influence the continent from there in favor of the daimons, prepare the world for their next coming in secret.
Their temples stretch far and wide (outside of human realms) but will all be destroyed eventually.
None of the human realms seem to want to negotiate with daimon worshipers, nor the other way around really.

Enter The Inquisition...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: May 11, 2017, 10:14:14 PM »
Maybe some more realms could have been flipped if the Daimons extended their partnership before sending massive doomstacks of daimons and edgy commanders saying "We're going to kill you all and boil your flesh". I still want to know how it started in Spearhold.

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 11, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »
Maybe some more realms could have been flipped if the Daimons extended their partnership before sending massive doomstacks of daimons and edgy commanders saying "We're going to kill you all and boil your flesh". I still want to know how it started in Spearhold.
I don't know, I just work here. ;)
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: May 11, 2017, 11:37:56 PM »
Can the Daimons please just leave Wudenkin?  ::) I heard there are some very tasty goats up north. Nice fat goatsies
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: May 12, 2017, 04:07:32 AM »
Can the Humans please just leave Reeds? :P

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 12, 2017, 09:12:45 AM »
Can the Daimons please just leave Wudenkin?  ::) I heard there are some very tasty goats up north. Nice fat goatsies

Yes indeed there are, Gotland placed a few herds of the fattest goats on the border with Firbalt.
Come daimon, daimon, come to daddy.

Ps, if your realm ever gets boring: there is always Go(a)tland! ;)
Fun guaranteed.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 12, 2017, 09:14:35 AM »
Can Fronen just leave (the continent)?  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 12, 2017, 09:11:54 PM »
Can Akkan just stop casting spells on people in random rurals?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 12, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »
Well, he can, sure.

But why should he? ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan