Author Topic: What to do about adventurers?  (Read 2725 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What to do about adventurers?
« Topic Start: January 24, 2016, 05:04:35 PM »
I'm actually working on a couple of things (no ETA yet, sorry) that should significantly improve adventurer quality-of-life.

The first is getting rid of the hash system for hunts. Sharing hunts will be done in a completely different, and much less immersion-breaking, way, as will continuing old hunts. I also plan to make it much less likely that when you come back to a hunt that you ran out of time for, you'll just have to start from scratch—instead, assuming you have enough adventurer skill, you'll be able to try and track the group you were hunting last to where they went.

Once that's done, I have separate plans to overhaul shared hunts entirely so that they can be actually shared—a bunch of advies teaming up to simultaneously take on a group that none of them would be strong enough to face alone.

However, Tom has been very explicit that adventurers are not intended to integrate very much with the noble game. And while yes, there have been things he has said will never happen that have now happened, that doesn't mean that it's a good idea to push for all the other things he's said won't happen to happen.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan