Author Topic: 'Beluaterranism'  (Read 17599 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: 'Beluaterranism'
« Reply #30: September 19, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
I have paused the project for a while and now revitalized it.
Its now ofically an IG book that i hope will give the religion of the bloodseakers a form and something to be called a religion for.
If it doesn't work together, it will become a religion on it's own.
I still don't like the name bloodseakers anyway, but atleast it gives a perfect platform from to launch this new religion.

Pierre will be traveling threw out the continent to bring the book to your characters too.
So, see you all soon!

[[Bloodspeakers/Sanctus_Sanguis]]
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: September 20, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »
It is a very well written religion but from the point of Bloodspeakers rather heretical. The Bloodspeakers in my mind are deeply polytheisthic, supporting many local and diverse practices on a different scale depending on what has been agreed with the spirit/deity/divine entity.

Think of early pre-Augustus roman religion for the closest earthly analogy...

It may be that we have our first religious schism  ;)
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 20, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »
It is a very well written religion but from the point of Bloodspeakers rather heretical. The Bloodspeakers in my mind are deeply polytheisthic, supporting many local and diverse practices on a different scale depending on what has been agreed with the spirit/deity/divine entity.

Think of early pre-Augustus roman religion for the closest earthly analogy...

It may be that we have our first religious schism  ;)

I wans't expected to be received with open arms by the bloodspeakers.
It's obviously threatening to its polytheistic views.

But by trying to force of a certain amount of conflict, schism, i can get the attention and discusion i need to atract nobles :P

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 03, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
Interesting conversation. And with Yeux as Founder of The Bloodspeakers, I'll leave here my opinions on the subject after reading a few posts.

First of all, is extremely difficult to create something completely new if you're not a genius. With all our time of History it's obvious that almost every religion have a lot of common points. And create something new without inspiration is not we intend to do. Not while I'm not a genius  ;)

Our idea is to create a religion with local deities. We are using terms like "Old Gods" and "Ancient Traditions". The idea is about to restore an old faith lost with the Invasions and with internal wars among the mankind in the Island. Plurality guiding to one goal. Discipline and sacrifice. Mainly to attract the attention of people interested in give ideas to create our religious concepts in many ways, but always attached to the same common goal. This is no different from many religions that we know in our world and in the world of BM.

We share the idea of ​​expanding our borders. Every religion wants to expand its influence. And there's a huge difference between what a Priest says and what he really wants to do. The basic difference between what is said to guide the people and what is done to have them in yous hands. And while the 'Beluaterranism' is just a book and The Bloodspeakers are a religion, Yeux consider it just a text of an ancient realm. A crazy one who likes to be slaves of one god.

I don't like the idea of Angels, Saints, Heaven and Hell and the idea of one God. But this is merely OOC. IC, Yeux don't have to worry with a crazy book with crazy ideas. This is just another way to convince people. If the little minds want to believe that at some point they have one God and are ready to embrace the religion, it's better than not have them convinced.

It's like have a religion for slaves and a true religion for true nobles. The difference here is that The Bloodspeakers will not let the slave religion take place and suppress the true one like we have seen Christianity/Catholicism end with all the variety that our ancestor had in a distant past.

Now, forgive me for my grammatical mistakes. I am Brazilian and I still struggle to do my best  ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 04, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
I have so far been enjoying how aggressive the Bloodspeakers are in pushing their borders. What I would be interested to see is how far Melhed is willing to go to help push this expansion. It's hard to expand a religion entirely through peaceful means, yet I don't yet see Melhed as willing to use warfare as a tool to gain more influence for the faith. Not yet, anyway. Still they've impressed Lucius so far. He might just join up on of these days...

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 04, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
We have a great coverage of our lands. The temple of Agyr will be a level 8 temple very soon. The Temple of Fronepu will be enlarged as well. We just don't have a temple in Mhed. Even in regions without temples we have 99% of followers and I sent the High Priest to try something in another realms. And I am seeing that we will have problems with The Golden Feather in the near future because of our expansion.

I am working now in the Wiki Page. I want more than followers. I want a true religion. And I am using many concepts of old gods of many civilizations. We have now a great concept after some preliminary reads about H.P. Lovecraft, his Elder Gods and The Cthulhu Mythos.

At some point, Melhed will have to fight. Not just because of The Bloodspeakers, but to survive as realm. I just hope that The Bloodspeakers can help in this process. I have a lot of ideas to work in Roleplays and to build something good. I would like to have more help from the players with good ideas.
Serpentis again!

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 05, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
Ah, they joy of a religion that only has a pressence in one realm, how cute. I remember the days that the Golden Feather was like that, those times where easier then these days. Three realms to juggle with and keeping them all happy :(.

But, I welcome the "competition" from a players point of vieuw, finally something to plot against or with. From a characters point of vieuw, well you will see IC some time in the future :D
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 05, 2011, 05:01:55 PM »
I never create anything to be simple, easy or superficial. And for a start I can guarantee that the job was done very quickly. However, it's just the beginning. I am more concerned with create something solid than spread it everywhere just to have good numbers.

We will see what will happen. Mainly IC. Happily or unhappily, a religion (like a realm), need more people involved. And we know that many players are happy just with a letter to find a liege and after that, push some buttons and try to win. But the game is not about to win. It's about conflict. And in this perspective I​​'ve realized that we will have interesting clashes.

In fact, we're already having one  ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:25:00 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 07, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »
the blood speakers is really coming together now.
Good work.

Still i think it answers little philosophical questions, which is the goal of every religion.

Also, i know its intentionally a short of revival of the old gods, but i am personally of the opinion that bm and especialy melhed could use something new instead of cling to the old.

Perhaps maybe the feeling of beeing in a boring realm wanes after the coming elections for consul.

it's nice to have a heritage, but if that heritage never made the game really interesting, it should be tossed away i believe.
I am talking about the realm Melhed, <headline news>yes, it's boring</headline news>.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 07, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
I'll start working now on philosophical issues in the next RPs. And then I will add it to the Wiki. I'll take the weekend to write a little.

And let's see what will happen in Melhed, but the changes promise to be interesting. I believe we will have a pleasant surprise in the next Religion Spread.
Serpentis again!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 09, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »

And let's see what will happen in Melhed, but the changes promise to be interesting.

exactly, I think alot will happen.
Shae has some intresting ambitions, if they will all come true, who knows.
But things will indeed get intresting.

If the NA wasn't so big and mean and didn't attack without a declaration, things would've been much more intresting.

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 17, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »
All religions can be said to have one thing in common. There is always an idea of the mystical experience. Unfortunately, due to prejudices, social norms, and advances in psychology, most of the time, these mystical experiences come off as bouts of insanity. Yet in Buddhism it's enlightenment, Zen has the perfect state of everything being in harmony. Abrahamic faiths have interactions with their deities, and those pure moments of faith in the impossible. The Upanishads has an understanding of Atman. Or, if you're really thinking, the idea of the One, and a weird interweaving of everything, but I find some of that hard to grasp when placed in comparison to some of the older religions like Greek (though I can sort of see it with Greek mythology) and Norse. If anyone has some free time, I recommend the Gospel According to Thomas (One of the books left out of the bible), because it's amazing as to how some of the passages sound like they came from Buddhist/Taoist texts.

Anyway, what my point here is, is that most religions have a few things in common. Ways to live, why to live this way, and a structure of beliefs to help guide people on this path. What most BM religions have, is deities, what they did, a creation myth, and an afterlife. There's so much more to it than that. If you can answer those three questions, you'll have a more fleshed out faith.

Also, while holidays are nice, most of the old religions (before a lot was phased out), apart from sacrifices, used toxins to bring themselves closer to their God/Gods. Even now, Christianity still uses wine, but drugs, alcohol, and special preparations of plants were quite common. Communionism was onto something in FEI when they used Ikrif to speak with the dead.

Also, a lesser known fact, that's commonly confused, if you're looking for an idea... Devil names, such as Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, etc... aren't all the same person. In actuality, each is a separate fallen being, and is considered a Prince of Hell in their own right. There are seven, one for each sin. Satan is wrath, Lucifer is pride, Beelzebub is gluttony, etc... etc...

I don't really have the time to spend developing a religion, but I'll be glad to help out if you need some small ideas from time to time. :)
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison