Author Topic: Tournament (lack of) Gains suck  (Read 3649 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Tournament (lack of) Gains suck
« Topic Start: January 26, 2016, 03:43:40 AM »
Tournament gains   (21 hours, 23 minutes ago)
You gained 0 honour and 0 prestige during the tournament.

20 nobles. I won duels in the first and second rounds, getting knocked out by the future winner in the third round. What did the winner get, one honor?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament (lack of) Gains suck
« Reply #1: January 26, 2016, 04:04:16 AM »
Tournament gains have needed an overhaul for a while, preferably more heavily based on the continent's player count.

I'd be open to suggestions as to less-traditional rewards we could add to tournaments, too...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 26, 2016, 04:13:35 AM »
There were a few ideas bandied about. I like the idea of the sponsor being able to put a unique item up as prize.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 26, 2016, 04:14:38 AM »
Yet another thing I had half-done rebalancing, ran into an issue testing, and haven't returned to...

jdsiii

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 26, 2016, 06:19:04 AM »
At least your character gets to attend tournaments....since infiltrators were no longer allowed with one of the updates (months ago), I haven't had a character at a tournament in a long time.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 26, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »
Tournament gains   (21 hours, 23 minutes ago)
You gained 0 honour and 0 prestige during the tournament.

20 nobles. I won duels in the first and second rounds, getting knocked out by the future winner in the third round. What did the winner get, one honor?

The winner got 2 honor and 1 prestige ;-) and a lousy 300 gold coins and will not be banished from his realm because of it!

I agree though that this requires change, but I know everyone does. I brought it up months ago, but coding takes time and I can't assist there. I would say a bit more honor and prestige is at it's place depending on the amount of participants in relation to the total number of eligeable participants.

@jdsiii as far as I know infils have never been allowed to participate. What I find stranger however is that government members are also not allowed to participate.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 26, 2016, 11:37:29 AM »
There was a time a couple years ago when infiltrators could attend tournaments. I think it was a bug, though. I had to change class to go to this one.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 26, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
There was a time a couple years ago when infiltrators could attend tournaments. I think it was a bug, though. I had to change class to go to this one.

Same here...sort off. Goriad II was training to becoming an infil, but changed class to duel Medea to the death (which RP wise wasn't a duel). Then the verdict stated that he had to win the next tournament, so kept him normal class untill the tournament.

But as far as I can remember, infils weren't allowed to attend tournaments even in the old days. I'm talking 2004-2008 or so. I still don't understand the logic behind government members not being welcome though...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 26, 2016, 04:39:47 PM »
There was a time period when they could. I remember my infil character on fei going to tournaments, then suddenly not being able to do so.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 26, 2016, 09:19:39 PM »
Ah I see, never had an infil at that time. But I guess that has changed ages ago...