Author Topic: Perdan, Vix Vs Eponllyn, Nivemus War  (Read 37180 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan, Vix Vs Eponllyn, Nivemus War
« Reply #15: February 02, 2016, 09:29:19 AM »
I don't think anyone claimed that we were taking Perdan City.

Also, it is obviously too heavily defend for a realm to ever take it, I guess. Sieges are rather rare nowadays, with less and less players.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: February 02, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »

Also, it is obviously too heavily defend for a realm to ever take it, I guess. Sieges are rather rare nowadays, with less and less players.

Yep. It is pretty difficult to siege a city. Can't do it with one realm for sure if the city is well guarded. Also, there aren't that many options until Anaris' WIP is done. Maybe then, we can sack cities like the old days but until then, you won't see too many sieges.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 02, 2016, 01:00:33 PM »

I meant it more as in the wealth that it provides and prob some strong RC's as well. With Perdan as capital, Eponllyn is still a most dangerous foe.

City sieges are extremely difficult indeed, although sometimes we just have to try ;-)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 02, 2016, 02:04:00 PM »
I meant it more as in the wealth that it provides and prob some strong RC's as well. With Perdan as capital, Eponllyn is still a most dangerous foe.

City sieges are extremely difficult indeed, although sometimes we just have to try ;-)

Or just plant a spy Duke there and secede, muahahahah  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 02, 2016, 10:59:33 PM »
People are so scared of sieges these days
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 02, 2016, 11:13:48 PM »
I think a big issue is what a lot of people consider a siege is actually just an outright attack on a castle in game. The closest thing we have to actually besieging a city right now is to capture all of the regions around it to try and starve them out or force a surrender. While this would involve a lot of marching back and forth,  sieges were not meant to be a one day event with storming the walls.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 03, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »
unfortunately, you can't starve them out anymore, so their are no real seiges

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 03, 2016, 11:07:32 AM »
Well, they will run out of gold at some point... :) Except that they just recieved people from Atamara with 10k gold on their pockets and they can chill in the city few years :)

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 03, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »
Well, they will run out of gold at some point... :) Except that they just recieved people from Atamara with 10k gold on their pockets and they can chill in the city few years :)

-Jaune

Depends on the city. If you hold Perdan City, you'll manage to survive for quite a while. Much like Oligarch City.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 03, 2016, 01:50:14 PM »
You dont field very long times big army with 1 city income. Especially if they need to tune down food ratio which causes city production and stats to get down. It is more dependable how much gold they have stocked.
~Violence is always an option!~

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 03, 2016, 04:15:46 PM »
You dont field very long times big army with 1 city income. Especially if they need to tune down food ratio which causes city production and stats to get down. It is more dependable how much gold they have stocked.

Depending on how large an army it needs to be, but with a bit of money stored and some realms willing to sell you food, you'll be fine in the larger cities. But even with the 32k militia and 8k mobile or so, Oligarch was still making a profit.

Zakilevo

« Reply #26: February 03, 2016, 06:47:19 PM »
Oligarch could have supported about 20k more on top of 32k.

It was generating that much income. I think it was generating about 4~5k with the maximum tax rate. So at the end, the city could have held 60k CS in total. That is pretty hard to beat.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 05, 2016, 07:50:26 AM »
Oligarch could have supported about 20k more on top of 32k.

It was generating that much income. I think it was generating about 4~5k with the maximum tax rate. So at the end, the city could have held 60k CS in total. That is pretty hard to beat.
Ohmy. I should ask Nivemus get Oligarch city last time as spoil for that last war :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: February 05, 2016, 08:08:04 AM »
Ohmy. I should ask Nivemus get Oligarch city last time as spoil for that last war :(

That was what Neji asked of me when I was Sirion's PM. I promised him that too but the council went nuts on me especially Ecthelion. Look at how that turned out. What a disaster. Too much greed I say. Too bad Neji stopped playing when Nivemus started to lose regions. He was pretty upset. Well we won the war ^^

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 05, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »

Uhm in fact Nivemus did ask Oligarch, or at least propose the solution when we were discussing the terms for Perdan's surrender. Then the Sirionite council went bezerk over it. Garas was probably the biggest opponent against this, since he was expecting to claim Oligarch once the city was returned to Sirion :p