Author Topic: Perdan, Vix Vs Eponllyn, Nivemus War  (Read 37164 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan, Vix Vs Eponllyn, Nivemus War
« Reply #60: February 15, 2016, 05:43:22 PM »
And don't forget Brive.

The infrastructure thing isn't a big deal. I mean, how did anyone expect the war would go? If we ever got the chance, I fully intended to start tearing down rcs and walls, etc. It was the various pillage and marauds that have happened that caused problems.

But, yeah, spiral is an understatement.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #61: February 15, 2016, 05:44:44 PM »
Well now we all know when this war will end. :o

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: February 15, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »
I don't think my character would have cared so much about infrastructure destruction, gold/military looting, or region TOs, other than the fact that others said they would not do those things and pointing out them not keeping to what they said. As you and they have said, a war must be fought somehow. I was rather surprised at the limits Perdan/Vix (mostly perdan, vix was more vague and less-limited) put at the beginning of the war, but they were the ones to propose them, not Eponllyn. So now complaining about being expected to keep to what they said they'd do is not taken kindly. Anyway, that's all hindsight description/analyzation and rhetorical argument/propaganda now that it's spiraled out of control.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: February 15, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
I'm not complaining.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #64: February 15, 2016, 08:24:32 PM »
I am kind of glad now that this war became a real war. Time to enjoy it to its fullest \o/

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: February 15, 2016, 09:09:54 PM »
Considering the way Perdan/Vix double teamed Eponllyn from the start, it's not going to be much of a war. It's going to be like two football players high-fiving each other while taking turns beating the disabled kid in the wheelchair.

Eponllyn was already trying to surrender to Perdan's demands. We would have, too, if they hadn't refused to deal accept as part of a complete package including Vix. I admit to being surprised at this, both ic and ooc, considering prior statements about wanting to move away from large alliance blocks and permanent alliances.

So, really, you're not going to get much of a war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #66: February 15, 2016, 09:47:10 PM »
I was surprised how long it took for Eponllyn to call Nivemus.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: February 16, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »
I was surprised how long it took for Eponllyn to call Nivemus.

I would have expected Nivemus to bring more to the field, so this could actually be a real war. But now it'll be like Indirik describes, not much of a war.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: February 16, 2016, 02:24:55 PM »
I would have expected Nivemus to bring more to the field, so this could actually be a real war. But now it'll be like Indirik describes, not much of a war.

Really? They haven't fought a true war since the last great north vs south war :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: February 16, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »
Considering the way Perdan/Vix double teamed Eponllyn from the start, it's not going to be much of a war. It's going to be like two football players high-fiving each other while taking turns beating the disabled kid in the wheelchair.

Eponllyn was already trying to surrender to Perdan's demands. We would have, too, if they hadn't refused to deal accept as part of a complete package including Vix. I admit to being surprised at this, both ic and ooc, considering prior statements about wanting to move away from large alliance blocks and permanent alliances.

If it's entirely up to me, this war was over now. I might step down after signing peace with Eppy.
Ardet nec consumitur.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: February 16, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

Oh gawd, 2 vs 1. So unfair.

Not exactly a huge alliance bloc though.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: February 16, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »
Oh gawd, 2 vs 1. So unfair.

Not exactly a huge alliance bloc though.

Well alliances are slowly growing into a concern on EC, but we'll see :-)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: February 16, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »
Well alliances are slowly growing into a concern on EC, but we'll see :-)

If there's an alliance bloc that people should be worried about, it's the one Sirion is a part of. Yes, it might have been temporary in nature, but that many realms allied is still not healthy.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: February 16, 2016, 10:27:46 PM »
Life is funny sometimes in that by insisting that something is, you make that insistence a reality. While I can certainly agree that it's not healthy for the north, a couple thoughts. Eponllyn is not going to be encouraged to depart from any of those alliances by constantly being compelled to rely upon them. The alliances are also self-harm to their own realms because there are no nearby enemies and the allies are too far away. For the same reasons the Southern League/Astroist Federation suffered against Luria that any Nivemus/Sirion/Eponllyn alliance would suffer against Perdan/Vix.

In terms of worry, the alliance is a paper tiger. It's not my ideal state of affairs. I look forward to more diverse diplomacies up north. It won't change overnight though just because we want it to. Eponllyn has tried to pursue new policies, but Perdan and Vix have chosen for more of the same old alliances that have dominated EC history. I do not mean that negatively as you describe the sirionite alliances, just descriptively in that to me, it looks very much like Vix/Perdan have chosen their shared history/culture over innovative diplomatic relations that very well might have reduced the alliance-chain you are now so worried about. Eponllyn wasn't alone either. Nivemus was pursuing independent policies under Catherine of a pro-Perleone/anti-Perdan nature that might have driven Nivemus and Eponllyn further apart on account of Eponllyn's (at the time) budding friendship/alliance with Perdan and hate of Perleone.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:29:49 PM by Vita »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: February 16, 2016, 10:42:47 PM »
If there's an alliance bloc that people should be worried about, it's the one Sirion is a part of. Yes, it might have been temporary in nature, but that many realms allied is still not healthy.

In all honesty, most of those alliances are meaningless. Caligus - Sirion is hardly considered a true alliance and Eponllyn - Sirion is a strange/delicate situation alltogether. Much will change in the coming time I hope, but we'll see what Perdan decides to do, as well as Sirion. Caligus too seems to have gathered many alliances, but so far their war with Xavax seems not to be coming as both sides are afraid.