Author Topic: Perdan, Vix Vs Eponllyn, Nivemus War  (Read 37311 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan, Vix Vs Eponllyn, Nivemus War
« Reply #75: February 16, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »
In all honesty, most of those alliances are meaningless. Caligus - Sirion is hardly considered a true alliance and Eponllyn - Sirion is a strange/delicate situation alltogether. Much will change in the coming time I hope, but we'll see what Perdan decides to do, as well as Sirion. Caligus too seems to have gathered many alliances, but so far their war with Xavax seems not to be coming as both sides are afraid.

I'm highly skeptical of this mindset.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: February 16, 2016, 11:29:24 PM »
You obviously haven't seen the current state of Sirion. Or Eponllyn. Or know much at all about the current political state of the island. Or anything about the military status of the various realms. I mean, really. That statement smacks of a blatant "I looked at the diplomatic standings chart and realm list, and drew a completely unsupportable conclusion". The idea that the northern alliance block is a threat to anything is ludicrous.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: February 17, 2016, 02:44:02 AM »
You obviously haven't seen the current state of Sirion. Or Eponllyn. Or know much at all about the current political state of the island. Or anything about the military status of the various realms. I mean, really. That statement smacks of a blatant "I looked at the diplomatic standings chart and realm list, and drew a completely unsupportable conclusion". The idea that the northern alliance block is a threat to anything is ludicrous.

I'm sure Fontan agrees with you.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: February 17, 2016, 05:35:04 AM »
I'm back... again.

I don't care too much for my chars anymore. And since Erik left an almost infinite number of sons and daughters, I can start a fresh one at any time. I'm thinking about a new one in Perdan or Vix, but we will see. I'm spending too much time reading old comic books and playing new games in my Xbox to worry with BM. Also, having a wife at home... better uses for "Erik", if you know what I mean 8)

Also, I was playing more to see if I could bring something against Sirion... believe me, they don't need external forces anymore to take them down. It's like to kick a dead dog. Let's see the next days... maybe I start something while heavily drunk, as usual.

EDIT: Just started a new one in Vix. Let's see.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:41:18 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #79: February 17, 2016, 06:38:01 AM »
Never thought I'd get a chance to play with you again on EC hehe. Welcome aboard Eduardo :)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: February 17, 2016, 07:25:46 AM »
Life is funny sometimes in that by insisting that something is, you make that insistence a reality. While I can certainly agree that it's not healthy for the north, a couple thoughts. Eponllyn is not going to be encouraged to depart from any of those alliances by constantly being compelled to rely upon them. The alliances are also self-harm to their own realms because there are no nearby enemies and the allies are too far away. For the same reasons the Southern League/Astroist Federation suffered against Luria that any Nivemus/Sirion/Eponllyn alliance would suffer against Perdan/Vix.

In terms of worry, the alliance is a paper tiger. It's not my ideal state of affairs. I look forward to more diverse diplomacies up north. It won't change overnight though just because we want it to. Eponllyn has tried to pursue new policies, but Perdan and Vix have chosen for more of the same old alliances that have dominated EC history. I do not mean that negatively as you describe the sirionite alliances, just descriptively in that to me, it looks very much like Vix/Perdan have chosen their shared history/culture over innovative diplomatic relations that very well might have reduced the alliance-chain you are now so worried about. Eponllyn wasn't alone either. Nivemus was pursuing independent policies under Catherine of a pro-Perleone/anti-Perdan nature that might have driven Nivemus and Eponllyn further apart on account of Eponllyn's (at the time) budding friendship/alliance with Perdan and hate of Perleone.
I agree mostly with Vita especially the last part about Catherine who is the last Ruler of Nivemus before Brock. Under her grace, Nivemus is working to move far from the north alliance, towards helping Perleone. After all, why would Nivemus army came so far down south just to assist Perleone in their war against Perdan however futile it looked? ::)

Unfortunately this current war titled above, have only brought all the allies together(that grew some distance apart after that last big war in the north). Some of your characters may state that you wish to break apart Sirion alliance, but in fact, without offering any other viable alternative(in allies or diplomacy or other treaty good terms), all the so-called northern alliance will only stand together. Eponllyn already chose to help the smaller realm such as DSS realm by stopping other bigger realms from using their lands to attack DSS or Sirion), Eponllyn appears to be moving on this new direction right until this war titled above crops up :D

I see that and have a lot of data on my hand. It is sad though. If only 1 realm(either Vix or Perdan) fought with Eponllyn, Eponllyn should have no problem holding their own. After all, the data I have(number of nobles who capable of recruiting units size) show each realm have almost same number of characters. Vix and Perdan both combined of course have more nobles than Eponllyn.

Even Nivemus is also growing weaker nowadays, judging from the army it sent down south to assist Eponllyn as you all may noticed. We do not have enough noble to fill our regions lordship, my character Ruler of Nivemus has to juggle General responsibility as noone interested to take it up.

In short, the north alliance is as paper tiger as it can get. Without number of nobility to fill in the ranks and attracting nobles, it is only a matter of time.

I'm sure Fontan agrees with you.
Wait a minute. My character is former Fontan noble. He wants recreate Fontan deep inside his heart. But now he is Nivemus Ruler :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: February 17, 2016, 08:31:26 AM »
Never thought I'd get a chance to play with you again on EC hehe. Welcome aboard Eduardo :)

Just posted The Great Secret No One Will Care About in the RP thread. Let's see if I can find the joy of some good RPs once again :)

And is always a pleasure to play with you as well! I will just miss Garas... so, let's take Oligarch so he is forced to play with us!
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: February 17, 2016, 11:44:13 AM »
Just posted The Great Secret No One Will Care About in the RP thread. Let's see if I can find the joy of some good RPs once again :)

And is always a pleasure to play with you as well! I will just miss Garas... so, let's take Oligarch so he is forced to play with us!

Never! Ok, maybe...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: February 17, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
I don't get why Vix/Perdan would be an old alliance. Besides, Perdan is not in this to split up the "Northern alliance". It's in this to split up Sirion itself.
And for what it's worth, Nivemus declared war on Perdan (I guess to make it a 2v2 war?).

It's funny, because Vix made it clear they would strike at Nivemus through Epponlyn, while Perdan never claimed such. Yet Vix and Nivemus remain neutral, while Perdan and Nivemus are at war...
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: February 17, 2016, 10:05:05 PM »
I was wondering about that, too. I wondered if it was an "f u" from Nivemus to Vix, since Vix's claimed reason for war (the new, revised version, anyway) was that Nivemus previously waged war on Vix without actually declaring the war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: February 18, 2016, 01:11:33 AM »
I don't get why Vix/Perdan would be an old alliance. Besides, Perdan is not in this to split up the "Northern alliance". It's in this to split up Sirion itself.
And for what it's worth, Nivemus declared war on Perdan (I guess to make it a 2v2 war?).

It's funny, because Vix made it clear they would strike at Nivemus through Epponlyn, while Perdan never claimed such. Yet Vix and Nivemus remain neutral, while Perdan and Nivemus are at war...
Yes, it is to make it a 2v2 war. Aren't you glad that we all can hear how different our perspectives of this war on forum? ;)

I was wondering about that, too. I wondered if it was an "f u" from Nivemus to Vix, since Vix's claimed reason for war (the new, revised version, anyway) was that Nivemus previously waged war on Vix without actually declaring the war.
LOL 8)
Well, about war declaration, we did talk for quite sometime among ourselves in Nivemus, when Perdan and Vix are attacking Eponllyn before Nivemus decided to get involved in this war.
It is quite straightforward, Nivemus "love" Perdan  :-*
And being strategic in a sense to us at the very least. No need for the opposing realm to understand why this is though, right?  :P
Brock even proposed to Eponllyn on ways to counter but I guess it is probably a little too late by the time Nivemus entrance :-\
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: February 18, 2016, 10:18:18 AM »
Nivemus was a bit late to the party I suppose yeah and apparently you guys don't pack a big enough punch to make the difference.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: February 19, 2016, 09:07:49 AM »
Yes Vix declared intent to get to Nivemus. In the revised version.

Vix and Nivemus are obviously not in a war state on paper because it's impossible due to other alliances. But again Nivemus failed to even give notice of their attack on Brive.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakilevo

« Reply #88: February 28, 2016, 06:25:57 AM »
That was one hell of a battle. What a Glorious battle! I hope everyone involved in the war enjoyed it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: February 28, 2016, 06:48:27 AM »
When was the last largest battle comparable to 32k vs 25k CS? Eppy might have lost the battle, but I say we at least won a good experience. :)

You're still evil jerks! ;)