Author Topic: What is the proper channel to use when another player is OOC attacking you?  (Read 4539 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Want to put this up as a question/guideline for all players, old or new.  I'm sure we've all seen this from time to time. Unfortunately, in too many venues - real-life or social media, forums, etc - the people in charge tend to shrug and say, "we don't really have proof - what can we do?"

There are times when two players simply don't get along for whatever reason, and one player takes it upon himself to constantly in-game harass the other family via all his players, with in-game comments that go beyond civil disagreement with the discussion.

Like real-life, this is difficult to prove and yet obvious when it's happening. The first, early action is to use the "ignore" button, but this makes it more difficult for the harassed player to fully play and enjoy the game (as they are not getting all of the orders & discussions) and is unfair as it punishes the person being harassed and lets the harasser continue. The harassed player starts to want to play less, be less involved, or avoid certain realms which is also unfair.

A Titan complaint is another step, but I'm afraid a great many players are often disappointed by the Titan's logic & narrowly restricting themselves to cases of provable cheating and rule-breaking.  In cases of harassment the "proof" is often subtle and elusive. I know we already have a code of conduct against harassment but I'm wondering if it is adequate to actually protect a player?

I believe, both here and anywhere else in life, there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for this sort of thing. So while a particular case may not be much, "not much" is more than zero and should be dealt with early.

How should players deal with this? Is it enough to train the Titans to look more closely at cases where accusations of harassment are involved, or should we have a different channel for it?