Author Topic: How to transfer a region from Duchy A to Duchy B?  (Read 2172 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How to transfer a region from Duchy A to Duchy B?
« Topic Start: February 19, 2016, 07:25:49 AM »
As per topic, how we can do this as Duke of Duchy A?

Thank you.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: How to transfer a region from Duchy A to Duchy B?
« Reply #1: February 19, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »
I do think it's the Lord's decision, not the Duke's.

When the Duke (Duchy A) becomes Lord of a region in another Duchy (B), it will become part of his own Duchy (A) though, I think. At least I've had the case that when being lord in duchy B, then being appointed as duke of duchy A, the region obviously joined duchy A as well.

Is this at all clear?  ;D

Any confirmation on that might be needed though. Allegiances have changed a lot, when I was gone and while I was already back. So I could have missed something.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 19, 2016, 09:39:15 AM »
I do think it's the Lord's decision, not the Duke's.

When the Duke (Duchy A) becomes Lord of a region in another Duchy (B), it will become part of his own Duchy (A) though, I think. At least I've had the case that when being lord in duchy B, then being appointed as duke of duchy A, the region obviously joined duchy A as well.

Is this at all clear?  ;D

Any confirmation on that might be needed though. Allegiances have changed a lot, when I was gone and while I was already back. So I could have missed something.
Your understanding is same as mine. Cannot even ask Duke Duchy B of a region to change that region back to Duchy A. Look like we gonna end up with more and more regions suppose in Duchy B but belong to Duchy A. Unless we ask the region lord to step down before we appoint as duke. Unless we ask the new region lord to change allegiance from Duchy A to Duchy B. Hmmmm, I need play the fealty mechanics here if that is the case.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 19, 2016, 09:47:41 AM »
Your understanding is same as mine. Cannot even ask Duke Duchy B of a region to change that region back to Duchy A. Look like we gonna end up with more and more regions suppose in Duchy B but belong to Duchy A. Unless we ask the region lord to step down before we appoint as duke. Unless we ask the new region lord to change allegiance from Duchy A to Duchy B. Hmmmm, I need play the fealty mechanics here if that is the case.

Dukes can use their influence to sway lords to their own Duchies. I've seen it happen.

It's a quite more realistic then to have Dukes just change regions back and forth from duchy A to B without Lords having a say. And it is a great opening from some game- and roleplay I guess.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 19, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
Dukes can use their influence to sway lords to their own Duchies. I've seen it happen.

It's a quite more realistic then to have Dukes just change regions back and forth from duchy A to B without Lords having a say. And it is a great opening from some game- and roleplay I guess.
The difficult part if the region is lordless, then there is no influence battle between Dukes.

Thank you for clarifying for me :)