Author Topic: How to change "Short realm name"?  (Read 1492 times)

T0mislav

How to change "Short realm name"?
« Topic Start: February 06, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »
How to change "Short realm name"?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How to change "Short realm name"?
« Reply #1: February 06, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »
The short answer:

You can't.

The longer answer:

Realms generally don't change their names without becoming completely different realms (eg, getting conquered, splitting in a civil war and having the newer half win, etc). However, if there is a very strong reason to change a realm's name (which is going to vary from case to case, but most commonly something like it wishes to take up the legacy of an older realm, like when Xinhai finally took all the regions belonging to the long-dead Morek and was renamd Morek Empire), you can petition the admins—that is to say, me, Vita, and Tom—and plead your case.

There is no guarantee that we will change it; indeed, statistically speaking, we're most likely to say no. But you can ask.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

T0mislav

« Reply #2: February 08, 2016, 12:55:41 AM »
I sent the request to you and tom as PM... is it OK that way or there is some form for "petition the admins"?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 08, 2016, 12:56:13 AM »
I sent the request to you and tom as PM... is it OK that way or there is some form for "petition the admins"?

Nope, that's fine. I just need some time to look into it and discuss it with the other admins.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan