Author Topic: Starcraft II  (Read 13627 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #15: November 04, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »
I am a fan of watching SC 2 games... not a fan of playing the game itself :( A big fan of Boxer :D

P.S: Sorry. Not to offend anyone but Koreans are the best SC players and things will stay that way :D mwahahahah

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 04, 2011, 03:07:43 AM »
I am a fan of watching SC 2 games... not a fan of playing the game itself :( A big fan of Boxer :D

I've been enjoying LaGTV.

P.S: Sorry. Not to offend anyone but Koreans are the best SC players and things will stay that way :D mwahahahah

And the sun rises in the east. What's your point?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: November 04, 2011, 03:21:18 AM »
I wonder how things will change with the expansion.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 04, 2011, 01:41:08 PM »
I wonder how things will change with the expansion.

I'm not liking the new Zerg units. I already struggle to hold them off most of the time, now they get something to spawn units and run them into my base. <insert rage here>

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 04, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
Currently unranked 1v1 (I've done 1 placement, got destroyed, cba with the others). Silver & Gold in 2v2, Gold in 3v3 (but being very carried...)

I'll gladly do some team games with you guys if anyone's up for it.

Same, but haven't had much chance to play much / do multiplayer games yet (Few placement matches, then left). I would probably be pretty low in the league placement. So if you don't mind a casual gamer with just a basic understanding, sure, I'd be interest in playing sometimes :P Though I'm on the Europe server.

I like playing the game (Though atm am still doing the Campaign for the second time, I was serious when I said I don't play much), but also watch a lot of games with commentary. It's just fun to watch for some reason :)

As a Zerg fan, I'm all happy about the Zerg Campaign coming up. The new units, I guess, will really depend on how it exactly works. Though something that spawns units sounds interesting for sure :P, but again I'd want to see it first.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 04, 2011, 03:41:35 PM »
Same, but haven't had much chance to play much / do multiplayer games yet (Few placement matches, then left). I would probably be pretty low in the league placement. So if you don't mind a casual gamer with just a basic understanding, sure, I'd be interest in playing sometimes :P Though I'm on the Europe server.

Not a problem, I'm not overly great myself :P I'm also on the Europe server :D

Since you're a Zerg player, any team your in can probably place quite well. Zerg tend to do quite well in team games because you can harass easily whilst your team mate builds up a decent attacking force.

The new units, I guess, will really depend on how it exactly works.

You seen the videos for the new units? Thread on them at Team Liquid. Shows how they work, but how they'll work in a real game is still anyone's guess.

Zakilevo

« Reply #21: November 04, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
I hate Zerg's new unit viper. Zerg get to pick off colossi now? Are you kidding me.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 04, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
I hate Zerg's new unit viper. Zerg get to pick off colossi now? Are you kidding me.

Yeah when I saw that, I instantly thought overpowered.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 04, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
Yeah when I saw that, I instantly thought overpowered.

If there's one thing I've seen over the years with SC and SC2, it's that Blizzard works hard to make sure the races are balanced.

I'm not worried over a few early previews of units that won't even appear till next year.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 04, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
If there's one thing I've seen over the years with SC and SC2, it's that Blizzard works hard to make sure the races are balanced.

I'm not worried over a few early previews of units that won't even appear till next year.

Oh yeah, I have full confidence in Blizzard to balance it. I just wonder if they're balancing for the experienced players and that those of us who don't know all the best strategies or don't know all the best counters might just get totally screwed over by some of the new units because we don't know what we're doing.

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: November 04, 2011, 06:46:11 PM »
Well good players always come up with something to counter. Other non pro people just learn it through other people.

Blizzard did say those new units are not final. They scrapped many units they worked hard for before they released SC2.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 04, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »
Well good players always come up with something to counter. Other non pro people just learn it through other people.

Blizzard did say those new units are not final. They scrapped many units they worked hard for before they released SC2.

Yep. This is important to remember.
Timothy Collett

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: November 04, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »
Does anyone else feel like the new addition will shift the game to more spell casting? I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, just players will need to do more of it in order to do better(only applicable to non expert players, as good players do a ton anyway).

egamma

« Reply #28: November 04, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
Does anyone else feel like the new addition will shift the game to more spell casting? I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, just players will need to do more of it in order to do better(only applicable to non expert players, as good players do a ton anyway).

from the video commentary, it seems that the "big ball of units" is already present in the game, and they are trying to present alternative forms of gameplay. Which usually means spellcasters.

Zakilevo

« Reply #29: November 04, 2011, 11:03:44 PM »
I think they are trying to provide players a way to break the ball of death that everyone builds eventually.

I actually want dark archons back! Best Zerg counter ever!