Author Topic: Starcraft II  (Read 13649 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #30: November 05, 2011, 04:37:34 AM »
I'm not liking the new Zerg units. I already struggle to hold them off most of the time, now they get something to spawn units and run them into my base. <insert rage here>
Considering how terrans get the shredder, which is basically the lurker with 5x the dps and AOE damage, and the protoss basically just get "!@#$ you zerg" units everywhere, I don't think you're going to be complaining much.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 08, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
Considering how terrans get the shredder, which is basically the lurker with 5x the dps and AOE damage, and the protoss basically just get "!@#$ you zerg" units everywhere, I don't think you're going to be complaining much.

Terrans will complain regardless.

I mean, do you remember when people though of the muta "magic box"? Terran players were whining all over the forums "OMG, I NEED MORE THAN 1 THOR TO BEAT 20 MUTAS NOW! IMBA! FIX!"
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 08, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
Terrans will complain regardless.

I mean, do you remember when people though of the muta "magic box"? Terran players were whining all over the forums "OMG, I NEED MORE THAN 1 THOR TO BEAT 20 MUTAS NOW! IMBA! FIX!"

BUT THEY ARE IMBA! :P

There's a map knocking around that gives you access to the HotS units. They use the wrong models, the animations are broken, there's probably a few balance changes not in there and likely doesn't have the right tech tree, but it gives you an idea of what the units will be like. I've found that leaving a Swarm Host near expansions (both yours and ones your opponents might take) is rather annoying: forces a little retreat when they attack your expansions if they don't have detectors giving you time to come down with some units and if your opponent isn't watching, it can cost them an expansion.

EDIT: Put Lurker instead of Swarm Host, silly me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:11:24 PM by Nathan »

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: November 08, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »
I miss lurkers. They were amazing. I remember boxer killing a lurker with a marine. Crazy micro. He was too focused on killing the lurker, he forgot about his main army ROFL. People were like OMFG he got a lurker with a marine?! (and seconds later) OMG he just let his entire army into a stop lurker trap!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: November 09, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »
Is there a list of the new HotS units somewhere?

It's the first I hear of it. Went on the website to see trailers, I was relieved to see Kerrigan didn't go soft, and that the Zerg campaign will, indeed, involve leading zerg units.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: November 09, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=starcraft+2+new+units&aq=f

There. Yeah they revealed new units while ago. They are not final however. Some of them might be chopped off.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: November 09, 2011, 05:13:29 AM »
"MOAR SPLASH", basically. Just what the zerg needed, a bunch of units to more effectively tear their low-HP units apart.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #37: June 29, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
Anyone still wanna play SC2?  Post your username, character code, and server.

WhiteHalmos.886 NA
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.