Author Topic: Approved: Flag to prevent advy from starting in higher group  (Read 2247 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Especially for Dwilight, and now the invasion on BT, it can be very dangerous to attack higher groups in certain areas. I usually use an intentional strategy of repeatedly searching for Group #1 until I feel the numbers have been beaten down a bit.

Unfortunately, I often get randomly "boosted" into a higher group and end up wounded for several days.

If the wording is simply off and this is intended to be a random thing, not helpful, then fine, but it sounds like this was put in to benefit the advy. If so, a checkbox with the option to not search higher groups would be welcome.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:01:07 AM by Vita »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
As I mentioned a little while ago, I have plans to overhaul hunting in the near future. As part of that, I was already intending to make the "start at a higher group" both more accessible, and completely optional.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
:thumbsup:

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
could we do the overhaul next year sometime, and just put a simple checkbox on the page for now?

this is getting really frustrating

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
i got a random start at group number 3 on bel today. caused me some initial alarm but fortunately my advy was able to beat the large group of monsters. will he be as lucky next time?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
So, does the saga of J-Dog continue? Tomorrow, watch for a whole new 'J-Dog against the Beasts' episode!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)