BattleMaster > Development

Volunteer Task: Map Re-Creation Project

(1/24) > >>

Anaris:
While there are not many tasks that non-developers can help with in improving BattleMaster, re-creating the original game maps so that they are easier to work with is one such task.

The maps were originally created in the Age of Wonders map editor, which is available as part of the Age of Wonders game on Steam for $6 regularly (on sale for $1.49 during their Lunar New Year sale, and various other sales throughout the year).

The top priority map to recreate is Dwilight, since the original full-sized geographic (without region names & borders) map was lost years ago.

Please understand that this is a project to re-create the existing maps in as much detail as possible, not to change or improve anything.

Any questions can be asked in this thread, which can also be used to coordinate the effort. Highly relevant answers will be added to this first post.

Ossan:
Do you have any idea of what the original map size was? Or how to screenshot the entire thing?

I have AoW 1 on GOG.com and have the CDs for Shadow Magic.

Anaris:

--- Quote from: Ossan on February 15, 2016, 03:39:08 AM ---Do you have any idea of what the original map size was?

--- End quote ---

Not off the top of my head. Lemme see if I can check...

Looks to be 2600x2600 pixels.

--- Quote ---Or how to screenshot the entire thing?

--- End quote ---

Well, if you really want to, the way is to get a really big monitor.

But that's not what I'm looking for. I'm honestly after the actual Age of Wonders map file, so that I can then take the screenshots and splice them together, and subsequently make any changes that we ever want to make to the map (and re-screenshot and splice).

--- Quote ---I have AoW 1 on GOG.com and have the CDs for Shadow Magic.

--- End quote ---

While it might be cool to see what some of the existing maps would look like done in the AoW2 (3?) or Shadow Magic editors, that's much lower priority than getting them re-created in the original AoW editor.

Ossan:
Alright sounds good, I'll see what I can do in the original editor.

Anaris:

--- Quote from: Ossan on February 15, 2016, 03:56:52 AM ---Alright sounds good, I'll see what I can do in the original editor.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version