Author Topic: Volunteer Task: Map Re-Creation Project  (Read 68533 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteer Task: Map Re-Creation Project
« Reply #90: March 24, 2018, 03:28:36 AM »
Getting all the maps in the original AoW format is priority #1. Given those, we can make minor changes to fix little problems, or to enable interesting RP events.

If we had alternative versions of the maps that could work with the same overlays, I could add them as selectable layers on the Dynamic Map (and I could probably do some kind of magic with the older Political Map to make them work there, too).

In any case, for all maps, what is needed is (1) the original file (AoW or SM map), and if you want to go to the trouble of making (2) the full-size geographic map by stitching together screenshots, that's great—just make sure that it at least matches the existing full-size geographic maps. If you want to go the extra mile of making (3) the full political map, with region borders drawn in, region names added, and ferry routes where applicable, that's fantastic. All of these things take time, and the more of them you do, the fewer I have to do! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan