Author Topic: Will a "point" to the invasion be announced soon?  (Read 11957 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
My character previously decided that since they were using scrolls on us, that we'd return the favor. I think I've also had word of auto-firing scrolls, too.

But, also, I generally work on the assumption that my character knows how the world works, to a certain extent, and thus has some IC justification for how ooc mechanics govern their life. Various other people have put forward the same theory to different extents.

yes, but this is a case of chars knowing why this invasion is happening, and what the objective is. don't think it fits your reasoning.

as for scrolls being more powerful now, I'm sure I can RP something about that easily enough

Zakilevo

Who cares. There are monsters to fight! No time for trying to figure out why they are coming after you! You can make your own RP :)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Who cares. There are monsters to fight! No time for trying to figure out why they are coming after you! You can make your own RP :)

no the point was, "How do I know they only want x% of the island and if I just go launch all my scrolls in City Y they'll let us be"

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
no the point was, "How do I know they only want x% of the island and if I just go launch all my scrolls in City Y they'll let us be"

You're asking the wrong questions.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Why can't we burn scrolls? These bundles of heresy bring nothing but trouble

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Why can't we burn scrolls? These bundles of heresy bring nothing but trouble

Because then every realm would burn them as a matter of course, and we wouldn't have an arms race going on between invasions.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
You're asking the wrong questions.

I'm NOT asking those questions. I don't have any reasons to ask those questions. I'm asking things based on my previous in-game experiences.

These are the Dark Ages. Our chars don't walk around free-thinking ideas

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't think advies find these. They mostly are handed directly to lords via a "we executed a witch in your region, and she had this" game event.

When you meet a sage, they can sometimes makea  scroll for you as well. Depending on the sage I think (still new to this advy game). My advy has a fountain of youth scroll because of that, but the monster/undead summoning scrolls are an exception and send to the Lords right away from what I've seen.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Actually, those aren't sages, but wizards. They're separate, and actually noted as such in the game's text, though not, I admit, terribly prominently.

However, I think wizards can't make summon scrolls.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Actually, those aren't sages, but wizards. They're separate, and actually noted as such in the game's text, though not, I admit, terribly prominently.

However, I think wizards can't make summon scrolls.

Ah, true! So Wizards make scrolls and Sages make/repair uniques?

To add, the Wizard gave me an option actually for 2 different scrolls and had to choose which one to make.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Ah, true! So Wizards make scrolls and Sages make/repair uniques?

There's one more thing sages can do with uniques...

To add, the Wizard gave me an option actually for 2 different scrolls and had to choose which one to make.

Ooh, sounds like you got lucky.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Actually, I'm about 99% sure that wizards do get the option to create Summoning scrolls, along with the others. At least, I've seen the option to create Summoning scrolls with some traveller, somewhere, with my advies.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
There's one more thing sages can do with uniques...

What else can they do? Or do you mean destroy?

Ooh, sounds like you got lucky.

Well he ultimately only made one, but at least I could choose :-)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
What else can they do? Or do you mean destroy?

Nah, anyone can do that. Just sit on it for a while without repairing.
Timothy Collett

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Nah, anyone can do that. Just sit on it for a while without repairing.

Then what else can a Sage do with an unique?