Author Topic: Chances of survival?  (Read 14324 times)

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
Chances of survival?
« Topic Start: February 28, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
With this invasion well likely see a bunch of realms fall, what do you think your realm's chances of survival are?

I dont really see anyone other than Nothoi, Thalmarking, and AA really getting our of this.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of survival?
« Reply #1: February 28, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
Wouldn't be too sure about Thalmarkin... I've seen what is headed east.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 28, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
Ar Agyr's only issue is lack of manpower and having to run up and down the coast to clear monsters out. We just lost a noble who died in combat  :'( So if the bigger daimon hordes come knocking there's not much we can do. All those nobles from the South should travel north and begin the fight for Beluterra in earnest with the more intact realms.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 29, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »
It all comes down to where portal stones are used, I guess. Those things give Netherworld & other beasts incentives to do something with the place.

Thalmarkin had it fairly easy up until now. Netherworld leaders are roaming the place and if I may believe Sacha, there's more to come.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 29, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
It all comes down to where portal stones are used, I guess. Those things give Netherworld & other beasts incentives to do something with the place.

Thalmarkin had it fairly easy up until now. Netherworld leaders are roaming the place and if I may believe Sacha, there's more to come.

Wait, I just checked the map and saw a second portal in Rio...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 02, 2016, 06:12:19 PM »
Dunnno, but I think Shattered Vales might be able to pull through. Going to be a lot of fun trying to do so either way!
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: March 02, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
Dunnno, but I think Shattered Vales might be able to pull through. Going to be a lot of fun trying to do so either way!

Trapped between portals in Nothoi and Riombara, It will be interesting all right. It's funny how hordes of 15k are par for the course now and don't freak us out like they used to. Not after fighting our way through waves of tens and hundreds of thousands!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 02, 2016, 06:54:27 PM »
So, shall the Shattered Vales be picking up any fun psychological trauma coping mechanisms in their personalities for surviving so many undead/monster waves?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #8: March 02, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »
So, shall the Shattered Vales be picking up any fun psychological trauma coping mechanisms in their personalities for surviving so many undead/monster waves?

WE SHOULD THO!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: March 02, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »
I actually, there seems to be an atmosphere of "Since THAT didn't kill us, NOTHING can."

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 02, 2016, 07:23:36 PM »
So extend that a bit further into why you believe nothing can kill you, after surviving that insane traumatic experience(s). Nothing can kill us because we are made of stone and are unbreakable! Or because we are divinely blessed by the gods with immortality! Or because we are really Bears, not humans! (or whatever heraldic animal)

I'm just imagining the Shattered Vales as some cross between Vietnam vets, european settlers in indian territory, the siege of gibraltar, and a zombie apocalypse.

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 02, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
So it's going to be a mix of PTSD and a mix of grandiose delusion?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 02, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »
There were quite some interesting delusions by medieval folks in the day, not nearly as common anymore (glass delusion for instance), from what would best make sense to myself as intense stress. And while the mongols, or moors, or just losing your head was stressful enough, they didn't face the living dead as the Vales have done. I got curious about medieval mental health the other day.

Which would be...vastly over-simplified summary...you must be demon possessed! First, let's try to talk the demon out. Second, let's try to insult the demon out. Third, let's torture you so we make the body so uncomfortable for the demon it leaves!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:27:45 PM by Vita »

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 08, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »
You put the portal stones into a magic circle. They lock into place and magic flows. Nothing obvious happens for a long while...

Achoo, I swear they just fell out of my pocket.. ::)
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #14: March 17, 2016, 04:32:22 AM »
Riombara seems to be in trouble. I am secretly hoping they make a mass-exodus West to join the rest of us