Author Topic: Netherworld  (Read 72439 times)

Prometheus III

• Freeman
  • Lord of Hosiel
    • View Profile
Netherworld
« Topic Start: February 28, 2016, 06:47:54 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why the monsters/rogues are attacking the Netherworld, it's just so weird, aren't they supposed to be allies?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Netherworld
« Reply #1: February 28, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »
No...why would they be allies?

Rogue monsters & undead are just mindlessly rampaging. The Netherworld has a mysterious purpose.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Prometheus III

• Freeman
  • Lord of Hosiel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 28, 2016, 06:51:37 PM »
That's just so strange, are you saying that the Netherworld, who can summon monsters and undead, have no control over them? The Netherworld must live in fear of rogues just like any other kingdom?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 28, 2016, 06:56:51 PM »
No, I didn't say anything of the kind.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: February 28, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
Weren't you there for the fourth invasion? They wanted to destroy each other.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 28, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
Back then undead were rped as daimon slaves and monsters as their guards iirc. The undead and monster factions were GM controlled back then though, now they're just mindless hordes. And yes, the Netherworld does not discriminate in slaughter.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 28, 2016, 08:40:02 PM »
Only difference is that one of them daimons apparently has a staff to controll some undead. But other then that, there is war. People were calling me crazy for suggesting to use the monsters and undead as allies :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 03, 2016, 02:29:13 AM »
A massive force of undead and monsters just recently assaulted the Daimons in Xinjin.

Absolutely shattered the Daimons.  Even killed their leader.  And in the chaos of the battle a Nothian adventurer walked in and used some portal stones to close the portal.

But the Daimons rang a bell in the temple that destabilized the portal stones and the dead Daimon leader returned through the portal with a large enough force to kill the entire monster and undead horde.

So while we know the Daimons and the rogues are at war, it doesn't seem to make any difference since the GMs will just resurrect any Daimons lost in battle.  And they made sure we couldn't close the portal too...

*sighs*

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 03, 2016, 02:49:48 AM »
A massive force of undead and monsters just recently assaulted the Daimons in Xinjin.

Absolutely shattered the Daimons.  Even killed their leader.  And in the chaos of the battle a Nothian adventurer walked in and used some portal stones to close the portal.

But the Daimons rang a bell in the temple that destabilized the portal stones and the dead Daimon leader returned through the portal with a large enough force to kill the entire monster and undead horde.

So while we know the Daimons and the rogues are at war, it doesn't seem to make any difference since the GMs will just resurrect any Daimons lost in battle.  And they made sure we couldn't close the portal too...

*sighs*

stop whining please.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: March 03, 2016, 04:02:50 AM »
Daimons are not picky at all. If they see anything that doesn't look like one of them, they burn. RACISM!

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 03, 2016, 04:52:56 AM »
I think its about time to seriously discussing using all the summoning scrolls near the vicinity of Daimon portals.

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 03, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »

*sighs*

I join your whining-choir.
Was annoying to see just that move by the GM: quick-save and reload.
At least they could've opened the portal somewhere else, we've got enough with the rogues...

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 03, 2016, 10:45:02 AM »
I'll join, since I'm already a nefarious whiner with nothing to lose.

It was a bit lame. It certainly leaves us with the feeling that a certain plan as been decided for BT and it doesn't much matter what we do, so why bother really hard.

Of course we'll still RP & have fun, but if OOC you know that it doesn't actually matter, you tend not to make the same kind of effort.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 03, 2016, 12:40:54 PM »
What, last invasion you literally had to kill yourself at the altar of Temples of Light to kill the Daimons, and now you think some random monsters will be able to do the job? That's a funny joke.

It's like people forgot what Beluaterra is about.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 03, 2016, 08:35:09 PM »
People have been using portal stones left and right (well, at least advies in Thalmarkin). If all you need to do was get 8 portal stones together and the portal was gone then this whole Netherworld part of the Invasion would be pretty underwhelming and very short-lived.