Author Topic: Netherworld  (Read 74211 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Netherworld
« Reply #120: June 11, 2016, 09:01:25 PM »
The instant rallying bug is not what I was talking about.

The issue is that they don't die, wait a turn or two to rally, and attack again, making it impossible to repair the walls while more monsters and undead march towards the cities in an unending series of waves that seem designed to wear out the defensive walls.

It is certainly possible that this is not designed and is merely an unanticipated "feature" of the code.  I would not be surprised at all if that is the case.  I have programmed many things in my life and understand well how things can take on lives of their own.

Heck, isn't it Elite that just had to roll back several new features because the AI figured out how to take advantage of them, created new technologies that had never been intended, and then started ganking real players by pulling them out of hyperspace and instakilling them with fully automatic rail guns or something equally crazy?  I'm actually really impressed with that.  I give them coodos for making something that could do that.  I'm also pleased that they stopped that by pulling the updates until they can figure out how to AI-proof them.  *snerk*
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:10:50 PM by Medron Pryde »