Author Topic: Bored  (Read 13174 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Bored
« Reply #30: June 18, 2011, 08:23:50 AM »
This game has  got me so bored latly.The bigest I say would be too much focus on game mechanics and too litle focus on roleplay.Plenty of so called IC mesages sound a lot like OCC mesages.Game mechanics are not intresting at all.Am tired of hearing words like CS,settings,persantege and other stuff like that all over the place.Sometimes all you get is system mesages.

roleplaying without some specific, sensible in-game events is quite useless.

it is current game mechanics that creates boredom, together with some developed habits, which are quite odd in my opinion, but are also induced by game mechanics (like rather widely developed opinion that good players are those who hold their posts forever).

the fact that you find nothing but steward messages on turn-change is ultimate consequence of that stall.

i can understand that in rare messages you see you are somewhat annoyed be seeing only cs, and similar data, but it comes more from the fact that anything you will ever find in messages are marshal's orders and occasional notes how someone raised region stats by 4%.

there is, simply, no conflict and people have nothing to talk about.

so, that is some casual structure: no conflicts - no events - no messages - no roleplay

generally important conflicts can come only from power struggles among those with highest power. mechanics, however, allows them to sit idly forever, or have extremely easy and comfortable way to avoid any conflicts, while preserving power.

long time ago i took advice to replace boring realm with another one, and that worked, at that time.

currently, i think it will not work at all - i changed many realms in recent time and everywhere is almost absolutely the same, some realms have few players willing for continual attempts to fight apathy, but they cannot do much, as a rule.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:48:05 PM by Stue (DC) »