Author Topic: Oligarch gang-bang  (Read 13389 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Oligarch gang-bang
« Reply #15: March 11, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
Is Oligarch really *THAT* badass? If so, I'll have to start looking at them as bullies  >:(

Bullies? No that would be going to far, but we are that awesome yes!  8)

Truth is, Oligarch has no allies and is assaulted from 2 sides by nations which are in theory larger/stronger each, althoug practically, that may be less so atm. Honestly I don't know how this will turn out though.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 12, 2016, 02:47:50 AM »
Bullies? No that would be going to far, but we are that awesome yes!  8)

Truth is, Oligarch has no allies and is assaulted from 2 sides by nations which are in theory larger/stronger each, althoug practically, that may be less so atm. Honestly I don't know how this will turn out though.

If you end up alive and somehow manage to do something pretty I'm gonna be quite impressed, just sayin'.
D'Espana Family

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 12, 2016, 04:59:14 AM »
Well, you did well against Sirion and I warned you about Caligus when Garas tried to attract them using Akesh Temple as excuse. You kind of wanted them to wage war against Oligarch. About Vix and Perdan, they are not attacking Oligarch, just taking over the regions by the river. After that, I think they just want passage rights to attack Sirion/Nivemus... not that they want to help you or Oligarch, but if you survive Caligus/Sirion until Perdan/Vix are ready to march, maybe we can do something about Sirion... or maybe Ivo can think about how to solve the northern division about Nivemus and Sirion giving lands to new, smaller realms. The real problem is that these new realms in the north are less attractive... the south have small realms, but with more people. Now, try to look at the new realm in Karbala.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 12, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
The problem with the north is that on one hand, you have Sirion whose cities are clumped together (Sirion City is one region away from Avamar and Sir Temple, and two regions out from Slimbar and Parm, and even these two are one region away from Sir Temple), while on the other hand you have the smaller cities and many badlands of Nivemus and OI. It's kind of hard to center new realms with this landscape in mind, unless they're all in league together anyway.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 12, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
Well, you did well against Sirion and I warned you about Caligus when Garas tried to attract them using Akesh Temple as excuse. You kind of wanted them to wage war against Oligarch. About Vix and Perdan, they are not attacking Oligarch, just taking over the regions by the river. After that, I think they just want passage rights to attack Sirion/Nivemus... not that they want to help you or Oligarch, but if you survive Caligus/Sirion until Perdan/Vix are ready to march, maybe we can do something about Sirion... or maybe Ivo can think about how to solve the northern division about Nivemus and Sirion giving lands to new, smaller realms. The real problem is that these new realms in the north are less attractive... the south have small realms, but with more people. Now, try to look at the new realm in Karbala.

I know, contrary to common perception, Garas actually did speak with Perdan and Vix now. And Eponllyn is moving to peace again with Perdan/Vix as well.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 15, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
Well, if Oligarch decides to meddle (although forced because of the duchy moving) in the Perdan/Vix/eppy/nivemus war..

As it's been said here, I don't think Perdan and Vix are actively warring Oligarch. But if they will, it'll be because they searched for it themselves  ;)
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 02, 2016, 06:02:39 AM »
Oligarch has been doing fairly well so far.

We lost a couple of our farthest regions to each Sirion and Caligus, but as always happens in war the further they have to go the harder it is for them.

Basically, if you can maintain a good army it is very hard for another nation to march within a day of a capital and maintain their strength when you sally out to meet them.

Oligarch was able to expand easily while fighting just Sirion.  Caligus has made that less easy, but our losses have been minor and we may have stabilized matters once more.

The recent smashing of a Caligus takeover and then instant march to wipe out a Sirion takeover was a very well done one-two punch for instance and shows that Oligarch is a rather hardy little target for those who wish to look on them with avarice...

;)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #22: April 02, 2016, 07:36:21 AM »
Does Caligus actually have a functional army?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 02, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »
Basically, if you can maintain a good army it is very hard for another nation to march within a day of a capital and maintain their strength when you sally out to meet them.

That's a very big "if" these days.
D'Espana Family

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 02, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »
That's a very big "if" these days.

And the only way to combat that is to go to war. Which means risking the existence of the realm for a time period before you attract those war-hungry nobles. Because players restraining themselves to limited war aims is rare, even when they set out to do just that initially. So most prefer to sit and enjoy their titles than risk interacting with others.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 02, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »
And the only way to combat that is to go to war. Which means risking the existence of the realm for a time period before you attract those war-hungry nobles. Because players restraining themselves to limited war aims is rare, even when they set out to do just that initially. So most prefer to sit and enjoy their titles than risk interacting with others.

Couldn't agree more.
D'Espana Family

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 02, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »

hmm  8)
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 03, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »

I applaud the leaders of Alara and Minas Nova's boldness. They raised their relations with Xavax to hateful a few days into the war. Now we Xavaxians avoid that point of getting moral hesitiations when our limitied war goals inevitable transforms to an urge for total annihilation ;D

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 03, 2016, 01:00:51 AM »
I applaud the leaders of Alara and Minas Nova's boldness. They raised their relations with Xavax to hateful a few days into the war. Now we Xavaxians avoid that point of getting moral hesitiations when our limitied war goals inevitable transforms to an urge for total annihilation ;D

Like pretty much everyone else, you mean?  ;)
D'Espana Family

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 03, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
I only hope that some day Garas will change FO's colour scheme so it is not completely indistinguishable from Nivemus on the map.