Author Topic: Capturing Enemy Nobles  (Read 2352 times)

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
Capturing Enemy Nobles
« Topic Start: June 16, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
We are at war with a realm, and I noticed that nobles from that realm who do not have units are apparently able to travel unimpeded through my region. Is there anything I can do to prevent this or increase my odds of... catching them? I don't understand how it works.

egamma

Re: Capturing Enemy Nobles
« Reply #1: June 16, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
We are at war with a realm, and I noticed that nobles from that realm who do not have units are apparently able to travel unimpeded through my region. Is there anything I can do to prevent this or increase my odds of... catching them? I don't understand how it works.

It's fairly random. Odds increase if you use "patrol the streets", I think. Odds should also increase in more populated areas, and odds should increase when there are more soldiers in the region.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 16, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
The ability of nobles to do this will be decreased when the new treaty system goes live if you issue a closed borders declaration (which you should).  However, a good infiltrator is usually (though not always) capable of evading border patrols and will generally only get caught if they do something or someone makes a concerted effort to try to arrest them.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #3: June 16, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
What if they're not infiltrators? One of them is a Courtier/Hero.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 16, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »
Any noble who does not have a unit, and who passes through another realm with which they are at war, has a chance of being captured by that realm. For infiltrators, the chance to be captured is greatly reduced.

If the new treaty system ever goes active, then the chance to be captured would also be increased by a Closed Borders treaty. For right now, although you can still sign these treaties, they have no game mechanics effects.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.