Author Topic: change elder priest abilities  (Read 7581 times)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: change elder priest abilities
« Reply #15: August 12, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
Aaah, I understand. So before any changes to religion can be done, it needs to be updated. Gotcha!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 12, 2016, 06:30:18 PM »
I wouldn't say 'any'. New suggestions are implemented. I'm just cautioning that religion has some legacy bits that need improved that are probably higher-priority than large new features, in combination with limited volunteer coding resources, thus I recommend some grains of salt when suggesting larger features because they are not likely to get quickly implemented, even if approved. If an idea is good enough, it'll be approved, but it may not get implemented quickly, no matter how good it is, if it requires a lot of effort. The smaller/simpler the change, the more likely a volunteer will feel up to tackling it; for one, there's 3 volunteers willing and able to do small changes, but only 2 able to do larger changes. We do welcome suggestions, but it must be remembered that the resources to implement the suggestions are limited.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:33:31 PM by Vita »

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 12, 2016, 08:00:26 PM »
having played in a realm where forced conversion to the realm's religion was part of realm policy, and seeing how very unfun that was and how much it turned off new players that they couldn't rp their characters the way THEY wanted, i seriously have to object to this whole forced religion deal.

i see no one clamoring for this except you, vita, and im left scratching my head as to why you continue to devote energy and time to this mostly-unasked-for pet project when nothing is being done to fix looting, militia problems, etc that make waging war in bm an unbalanced hassle for many realms, and have been repeatedly requested for fixing by many players.

religion is an aspect of the game that SO many players want no part of, whether because of lack of interest in any of the stale established religions, or because of the repeatedly proven historical tendency for religion to lead only to entrenched federations and gangbanging. forcing it on players isnt going to make it better. the ingame religious features that already exist are more than enough for those who WANT to take part in it.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 12, 2016, 09:00:17 PM »
If you had always been allowed to play rogue nobles, would you clamor that 'players cannot roleplay their characters the way they wanted' with regard to realm membership being required? Or priest-infils? Or only human characters? Some things are necessary to create a well-balanced game or maintain the period environment. Should we remove realms because they have a repeated proven historical tendency to lead to entrenched federations and gangbanging?

I have looked into looting. There is definitely stuff to be fixed. I'm not done looking into it and neither is Anaris. I have not touched militia. I tend to have a lot of different stashes, branches, or in-progress edits within my repo, at any given time. I have actually spent little time on coding the project, as most of the last many months I've merely advocated for it.

Didn't you yourself once mention you understood code, but refused to touch PHP, or have I confused you for another player? If you really want something done in BM and you are able to do it yourself, then you are encouraged to volunteer yourself. It's the fastest way it'll get done.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 13, 2016, 12:41:43 AM »
having played in a realm where forced conversion to the realm's religion was part of realm policy, and seeing how very unfun that was and how much it turned off new players that they couldn't rp their characters the way THEY wanted, i seriously have to object to this whole forced religion deal.

i see no one clamoring for this except you, vita, and im left scratching my head as to why you continue to devote energy and time to this mostly-unasked-for pet project when nothing is being done to fix looting, militia problems, etc that make waging war in bm an unbalanced hassle for many realms, and have been repeatedly requested for fixing by many players.

religion is an aspect of the game that SO many players want no part of, whether because of lack of interest in any of the stale established religions, or because of the repeatedly proven historical tendency for religion to lead only to entrenched federations and gangbanging. forcing it on players isnt going to make it better. the ingame religious features that already exist are more than enough for those who WANT to take part in it.

Actually in this field I agree with Vita on the fact of enforce religion. We don't always see eye to eye on all things, such as voting out of Dukes of which i very very strongly object, but I do agree with him on forcing religion and making it a bit more important than it currently is. Religion from the base should have played an important role, but also some religions need to adapt a bit. What happened with the SA federation (realm over religion !@#$) should be avoided of course, which is player based. If they don't use religion for it, they'll use something else.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 14, 2016, 01:53:51 PM »
Actually in this field I agree with Vita on the fact of enforce religion. We don't always see eye to eye on all things, such as voting out of Dukes of which i very very strongly object, but I do agree with him on forcing religion and making it a bit more important than it currently is. Religion from the base should have played an important role, but also some religions need to adapt a bit. What happened with the SA federation (realm over religion !@#$) should be avoided of course, which is player based. If they don't use religion for it, they'll use something else.
But then how would new religions be founded? Aspirant ranks often gave associated costs, which lead to negative religion balance and being unable to leave the religion.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 14, 2016, 04:06:11 PM »
But then how would new religions be founded? Aspirant ranks often gave associated costs, which lead to negative religion balance and being unable to leave the religion.

which I think is bull!@#$. I believe you should have to pay the costs with your own gold, and if you don't have the gold, then it gives you a negative balance.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 14, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »

Some religions let you pay for full membership, but I don't think aspirant has ever been paid? Or I might be missing your point here?

And new religions are founded like they are still and then it will become one of the religions of which people can choose from.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 14, 2016, 09:45:32 PM »
Some religions let you pay for full membership, but I don't think aspirant has ever been paid? Or I might be missing your point here?

And new religions are founded like they are still and then it will become one of the religions of which people can choose from.

He means the monthly fee, not the cost to gain the position.