Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)  (Read 6178 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)
« Topic Start: March 01, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
But I heard they did some updates since I played it (big ones) a year or so ago. Why'd you pick it over all others, Tom?

It's acceptably well done and fun, which puts it on par with a selection of other games, but the F2P/Shop/VIP combo means that it satisfies our needs best. We have times of playing intensely, where we don't mind paying a monthly fee because we easily get it out in fun. But we have other periods where we don't play much, and most games offer either no option or a full pause. With DDO we can switch to F2P and continue playing on a less active level (once a week or only every few weeks). Then, when we have more time again, switch back to VIP, or if it's a short period, buy an adventure pack and play that through.

The second deciding factor is that we like the pace. We're not much into PvP (though LOTROs was a lot of fun and very well done) and we prefer a slightly slower pace, e.g. during combat I don't want to hammer on keys, I prefer having a few seconds to think things through.