Author Topic: Retention Revisited  (Read 129389 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Retention Revisited
« Topic Start: June 18, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
Could Tom put up a little voluntary questionnaire for when someone deletes their account? After a while, we might have some decent data about what leaving people think of the game, why they left, etc. This questionnaire could also be sent out to people who previous had accounts (if their addresses are still stored somewhere).

One drastic idea might be to make a new small island (smaller than the War Islands) that is specifically for new players. A few chosen experienced players can be there as mentors, but the rest are new players learning the game. After a specified time limit, the players are prompted to move their characters onto a different island to make way for new players. The game mechanics could also be altered on these islands slightly to hide a few bits of things from people - treaties, trade, rogue forces come to mind that can be changed a little to help new players.

EDIT:

2. Positions.  After playing the game for several years and watching what happens in various realms, I'm convinced that it's not so much position turnover (though having some is of course required) as position (and influence) availability that draws people.  I'm pretty confident in saying that Arcaea's one Lordship/Council seat per family rule has been the single biggest reason for its success, closely followed by more luck than I can shake a stick at and the general policy of just accepting that spies exist and telling people stuff anyway.  All else being equal, the realms I've been in with position restrictions have had a much more happy and involved playerbase than those that haven't.

Possibly why Dwilight has a growing population too?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:25:47 PM by Nathan »