Author Topic: Retention Revisited  (Read 130321 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Retention Revisited
« Topic Start: June 19, 2011, 07:21:34 PM »
So I got bored recently, and I kind of have a thing for spreadsheets. So I made one, charting out registration and activity on each continent based on the game-generated graphs. I made one chart for registration, one for the 3-day activity, and one for the day-to-day activity. I was particularly curious because the game-wide chart shows a strange divergence whereby registrations have been increasing lately, while 3-day activity has been declining.

Too long, didn't (yet) read it all. However, I did see and have a personal interpretation of the player count stats. I believe, from vague memory, that player count always goes up at the start of summer, which I assume to be linked to students finally having some time off after their exams and looking for new games to occupy their time. However, they don't all stay, and it's also a good time for many older players to go on vacation. This, I believe, would explain why registered accounts grow, while activity trends aren't the least affected.

Overall, this early-summer player count boost has no significant impact on player count trends. Seems like an equal number of people leave as the extra that come for the season.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron