Author Topic: Alpha Client Feedback  (Read 37031 times)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Client Feedback
« Reply #60: April 28, 2016, 09:51:36 PM »
At the moment, it is implicit - it will turn to "yes" when you have actions for all living members of the family. And to "no" on the turn.

I'll have to check again after the next turn runs then, as the last time was first with that client, as it was definitely not working correctly that time. I'll edit this post to confirm either way.
(as an aside, perhaps when the entire family is dead there should be another status as you can no longer do anything with them...)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #61: April 29, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
We also have a few new testers, so please join the new villages that I made, everyone.

@James: Yes, dead status is not yet managed properly. It's given in the API, but the client doesn't manage it, yet.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: May 01, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »
Stone collection doesn't seem to appear correctly (gathered 3 in one turn but only 1 listed in resources).

Also, would be useful for a listing of what can be done. The improve option is there for a few things but don't know why is needed to do the improvement.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #63: May 01, 2016, 07:03:17 PM »
Improve is for upgrading buildings, and repair is clear. They do not yet work, they will work in the next build coming in an hour or so (I'm just started compiling it).

Hm, stone should work, it's strange if it doesn't, I will try to check.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 06, 2016, 11:55:20 AM »
So... I'm not sure if it's not collecting or just not always showing it.

This last turn, I have 4 family members, 2 collected wood (3 each) one harvested a field, one planted one. My listing shows I have 0 wood however.

In other things:

It would be very useful if something told us how much of a resource would be needed for a certain action - one of my huts now has a repair option, but I don't know how much of what I actually need to do this - can actions only be selected (and the big red ball appear) if you have enough of the required resource to carry it out?
Is the first upgrade to items something that needs more wood? Or does it need stone, or does it need both? An indicator beneath the select button saying what is required would be great.

What do the invaders at night actually do? I see footprints, some go straight across the map (they didn't encounter anything), others walk across a few fields (that don't appear to be affected by anything) then seem to stop. Others do stop at fences/huts but there is no information on what they've actually done.

In the 'events' tab, is it possible to have events that affect your own family highlighted? Just to make it easier to see what you've done (I can't remember my family name in most of the games so have to hover over my lands then hunt through the list to see things). And/or a specific pop up that lists what happened directly affecting you that last turn (a breakdown of collection/damage).

...maybe highlight tabs when there is new information there. Useful to know is someone has sent a chat message, otherwise I don't look for ages.

Really enjoying the idea of the game at the moment, just need more info available so I'm not guessing at things :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:10:09 PM by James »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #65: May 07, 2016, 10:30:43 AM »
I'm working on providing more information. Thanks for all the ideas, I'm incorporating them in.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: May 09, 2016, 10:58:52 AM »
I've only looked at one of the games so far today (have to rush out) and it appears that the actions set the previous turn have run, but they have not been cleared, so it's still set as if I've set all the actions for the next turn.

Will give more info later if I can, but I have _not_ done any turns yet.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #67: May 09, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
Strange, I've never had it, though for me the Tutorial keeps re-appearing every time now, no idea what went wrong there. Yes, please give me details.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 09, 2016, 11:19:35 PM »
Tutorial now shows every time I start a game.
Now starts default logged in.
Now starts without display options box.

Currently, of my 9 active games, only 3 of them show me as not being ready, but I have not set my actions on any of them yet.
When playing any of the ones that say 'yes' to ready status, I see red blobs and blue blobs on various squares (which I'm guessing represent my actions and other players actions), all of my peasants also have actions set, which I think are what I set the previous turn...

...actually, looking at more of the games, I'm getting unsure of what's happened. I have the red and blue blobs. It looks like the turn might not have run which is why they are shown as ready? Or the actions for the peasants not run? There's definitely new information in the events details now (as it says what the creatures have done). So I think, as I said, either the turn didn't run, or the peasant actions didn't run (so didn't get cleared which is why the game is still shown as 'yes' for ready).

(apologies for the vagueness, I'm just not too clear on what's actually happened to report it better!)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: May 09, 2016, 11:27:41 PM »
Looking at a few of the games as well, I'm pretty sure the family I'm playing has swapped (there are a few games with just 2 families left and 2 of them I am questioning) (that or the baby has got me too tired and my brain is playing tricks on me...)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #70: May 09, 2016, 11:37:24 PM »
blue bubbles are events from last turn, they correspond to what's in the events list.

Probably turn didn't run - I'm still doing it manually. I'm fairly sure families didn't swap, there is no code that could do that. But watch it, please.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 09, 2016, 11:50:13 PM »
Right! I'm not going mad, definitely been a family swap in at least one game - Erkeneich.

I'm currently shown as family Schmid (and have that plot and peasants) but if you look in the chat listing, the first message was one that I remember reading, definitely did not write myself, but is credited to the Schmid family.

Helleich as well. My family died in that one, (and are still dead in their position on the map) but I now have the option to play as the one family that was still alive.

Indeed, checking the chat record I can see that it has definitely happened in a few games (possibly all) that the families currently active for me are not the ones I had before...

*edit - Build 13 didn't come with someone else's login defaulted did it? Not sure where my info is to log out and be able to log back in again to check that...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:07:54 AM by James »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #72: May 10, 2016, 12:10:54 AM »
right. yes, indeed, that is probably the problem. You're going into my testing account.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 10, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »
right. yes, indeed, that is probably the problem. You're going into my testing account.

Any chance you can resend my key (player 4 I think) as the 'forgot' button doesn't appear to work yet :)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #74: May 10, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »
in your mail.

new build is coming today.