Author Topic: Dwilight players, we are Mongols!  (Read 6532 times)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight players, we are Mongols!
« Topic Start: April 02, 2016, 04:53:37 PM »
Averaging population density of the entire continent doesn't tell you anything concrete. Saying that Dwilight is like Mongolia is the same as saying that Earth is like Uzbekistan.

You have to look at actual nations. For example population density of Dragon isles is ~14.5 people/ square mile which is comparable to early medieval British isles.

Which is exactly the point I was trying to make. D'Hara is just comparable to early medieval British isles, when it is generally viewed as one of the most populated and overcrowded realms of Dwilight together with Luria Nova. That means it should be quite closer to 80 or at the very least 60 people per square mile, not a meager 15 people per square mile. You would have to look at a considerably intense combination of war, famine and disease to see a continent as depopulated as Dwi is at FULL population. Heck, even the Great Famine and the Black Death in the Late Middle Ages didn't drop the population density of Europe below the 10 people per square mile threshold.

idk whats nerdier, scholarly research on a fictional worlds population density or calling dhara the dragon isles...

RL self-confessed fiction and fantasy freak and currently developing my own world, so yeah, researching and comparing with other resources I know sounds quite like me  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:55:34 PM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family