Author Topic: Too large realms (possibility of penalizing bigger realms more?)  (Read 25870 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
However, what I find most important about this is our misinterpreted concept of a "realm" in Battlemaster. Taking a look at the Middle Ages, it doesn't take you a lot of understanding to see that we have to drop our ideas of nationalism. We, as players, are heavily influenced by several ideological/philosophical concepts of the past two to three centuries. Freedom of speech, emancipation, antisemitism, racism, ... These are a few examples of an endless lists of things that are well settled in our mind (for good reasons), but are completely absent to most of the Middle Ages - there will always be an exception to find, but even then, you cannot name those medieval conditions with an enlightened term. Getting back to the point of this paragraph, nationalism is another idea that simply didn't exist like it does now.

As much as I agree with this I just can't see a way to make people drop their nationalistic ideas. The main problem is that nationalism is great tool for leaders trying to gain power. Asking people not utilize nationalism is asking people not gain power is... yeah... not gonna happen.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm